What is going on?? Lost 119 Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
could some one help me am from honduras an my signal on 119 completely gone, i need help, do i have to change lnb? couse i can get some channel on the 110 but very feu pleeeeeese help me

could some one help me am from honduras an my signal on 119 completely gone, i need help, do i have to change lnb?

try a much larger dish (with no guarantee that trying a larger dish may work).

if your LNB is good and not getting anything, it's not your LNB, it's that you are getting much weaker signal from the new sat than you used to get from the old sat.

119 went down for everyone last night.

from what I saw on my spectrum analyzer, only certain transponders had interference problems at 119. Unfortunately, they all seemed to be related to the really popular channels that people watch (I know ESPN was affected as I was trying to watch the MLB replay during the sat issue, and I think I read in a news story that CNN was also affected).

Now, other transponders that I noticed were good in the 25 mins I was watching might have been interfered with before I hooked up the analyzer to see what was going on, so it may have been every dish transponder at some point in the event.

could some one help me am from honduras an my signal on 119 completely gone, i need help, do i have to change lnb? couse i can get some channel on the 110 but very feu pleeeeeese help me
If you want 119, you're gonna need a mucho grande dish.

Not sure if its related but many of my 119 HD channels have been experiencing a weird graininess to the pictures. Cnn and ESPN were both doing it quite a bit over the past couple of days. Just shows up and then goes away after a few seconds. Then a few minutes later it does it again.

I think it has something to do with sunspots or some other space weather.
ATT techs said they were having a nightmare with their space systems and Japans communication system is just barely able to keep running.

Attachments

• warnings_timeline_3157.png
    warnings_timeline_3157.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 179
That's not a very big storm, I hope their satellites are a lot more robust than that.

A transponder thing?

Hi --

Just joined this forum while trying to find out why some channels were down and others on same satellite, 119, were okay. We've had t'storms the last couple of evenings and thought clouds and wet trees were the problem. But last night I tried to do set ups -- "point dish/signal" -- from the menu and discovered that it was only certain transponders on satellite 119. I know transponder 13 was out and I think transponder 19 was out, too. Transponder 13 was dicey this morning at 8AM, but is sort of okay now at 2:45PM CDT.

Hope someone can use this to suss out what's going on.

But glad to hear everyone has the same problem. Means I can leave that tree up.

Ptlycldy

Had a call tonight from someone complaining about an occasional outage and that their neighbor is experiencing the same thing even when it is not storming. He said it is happening on channel 150 and another new hunting channel.

Or maybe someone took their talents over to castle rock (directv) and left dish in the lurch!

Then the satellite went haywire.

I'm surprised no one else has posted this info from Dish yet:

DISH Statement on Interruption: Following yesterday's story on a near two hour black out from DISH's 119ºW position, the company has issued this statement: "DISH Network uses the 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. period (Mountain Time) to do spacecraft and uplink maintenance. Maintenance activities were scheduled Monday night to start after 1 am. that were related to required upgrades associated with the final integration of EchoStar-14 into full service. These activities had some unplanned side effects, and this resulted in a longer than anticipated service interruption. These activities were completed during this window and no further outages are anticipated."

MediaBiz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts