What is going to happen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Who is offering Ala Carte channels for less? In order to have the Broadband access, you have to subscribe to the package that has that channel in it, on traditional set ups.
agreed. I see Roku added a few new stations that allow you to see FX, FXX, FXM and NatGeo.....oh wait. You need to sign into your TV provider to view them

Reactions: ChadT41
NuTV by dish and the myriad of other internet TV services are gonna rock! Save Dish Network money. No truck rolls, limited employees, No vans and having to service and fuel them, no equipment, no installation etc, etc,

A la cart and smaller bundles will be a boon for consumers.

Your boss agrees!!

Ergen also reiterated his position that a la carte programming would be better for consumers, as well as the industry itself. “We are still for a la carte, because the Internet is a la carte today,” he said. People could just watch Netflix, or even pirate content online, and service providers would have to compete with this new reality. “A lot of customers can live with Netflix and an… antenna, and YouTube… and they’d be pretty happy,” he said.

I

no it wont. You're too blinded to see that. You keep posting these "great deals" with providers in Canada but if you look closer you will spend the SAME or MORE for FEWER channels!

Yeah you can get a cute bundle of 5 channels for $5 but when the base price is say $40 you're really not saving much money. But just keep smoking whatever you got there. I'm sure when you "come down" you'll see the errors of your ways

Yeah, I think you're right. One more thing before I stop . Obviously Lue has no real experience with satellite internet. It is better than dialup. I have dealt with it for 12 years.
Satellite internet can not touch the unlimited internet download and tv package below. look at the post earlier in this thread, dissatisfaction with their satellite internet. Iceberg won't answer my question so I will ask you, How much does Unlimited Download via Satellite in the U.S. cost?
83 buck package with unlimited download would be kiiler also in rural US.
http://www.sasktel.com/wps/wcm/connect/content/home/maxtv/packages/more-maxtv/more-maxtv

I dont need to answer it because SASKTEL IS NOT SATELLITE! IT IS THE TELCO THERE!!!

Why are you so fixated on Canada? They have different rules there and just because a channel might look like a US station, it usually isn't. They have different rules and have to carry Canadian content on them. Again I HAVE had both Bell and Shaw

I am curious as to how this thread is still alive...
NuTV by dish and the myriad of other internet TV services are gonna rock! Save Dish Network money. No truck rolls, limited employees, No vans and having to service and fuel them, no equipment, no installation etc, etc,

Your boss agrees!!

Ergen also reiterated his position that a la carte programming would be better for consumers, as well as the industry itself. “We are still for a la carte, because the Internet is a la carte today,” he said. People could just watch Netflix, or even pirate content online, and service providers would have to compete with this new reality. “A lot of customers can live with Netflix and an… antenna, and YouTube… and they’d be pretty happy,” he said.
So again I ask, how are these people going to get their ala carte channels? AS far as NuTV goes, it is a$30 package, for just a couple channels. Better hope it is the ones you want. It is not a pick and choose. That said, channels owners do not....Let me say it again, DO NOT want ala carte. It will kill their business. Will it happen? Maybe someday, but still with heavy restriction. They have to make up that money somewhere. They will not take a cut in pay... period. This NuTV is about Charlie getting ahead of what people are doing with Netflix. Get some specialty channels, ESPN as one of them. Let me give a little history, Dish used to offer Ala Carte. Channel Owners lost money. Channel Owners bitched about losing money. Channel Owners said "put themin packages for your new contract". Now only a few channels are available in semi ala carte packages. and they still range from $5-20 per ala carte package. And you STILL have to have a base package, of ATLEAST the Welcome Pack at $19.99. Some will not even be good on the WP. Why the hell hasn't Scott jumped in and explained anything? I figure if anyone can get this guy to see the light, it would be the site's creator...or staff..lol...

Reactions: Jim S. and Mr Tony
I dont need to answer it because SASKTEL IS NOT SATELLITE! IT IS THE TELCO THERE!!!

Why are you so fixated on Canada? They have different rules there and just because a channel might look like a US station, it usually isn't. Again I HAVE had both Bell and Shaw

Iceberg, I think maybe you need to smoke one and stop responding to him. He's got Energizer batteries installed, and he's not going to quit as long as he has bait laid out. lol

Charlie was right , this is why we have NuTV and the myriad of other internet tv services coming online. Technology driven world, more and more people with internet connections than yesterdays.

The global pay-TV market is forecast to top 1.1 billion users by 2019 with revenues exceeding $320.3 billion, led, in part, by continued strong growth in the IPTV sector.

Worldwide, pay-TV revenues were $249.8 billion from 903.3 million subscribers in 2013, according to researcher ABI, with IPTV seeing the lion’s share of revenue and subscriber growth on a percentage basis.

IPTV subscriber numbers reached 92 million in 2013, 18.5% higher than a year ago, and generated revenue of $37.2 billion.

ABI said it expects IPTV subscriber numbers to increase to 161 million by 2019, about 15% of the pay-TV market, as an increasing FTTH subscriber base and bundled offerings combine to drive growth.

The cable sector, meanwhile, hurt by continued subscriber defections in North America and Western Europe - declines of 1% and 1.5% respectively - grew at the slowest rate of all pay-TV segments, about 3% from a year ago

The global pay-TV market is forecast to top 1.1 billion users by 2019 with revenues exceeding $320.3 billion, led, in part, by continued strong growth in the IPTV sector.

Worldwide, pay-TV revenues were $249.8 billion from 903.3 million subscribers in 2013, according to researcher ABI, with IPTV seeing the lion’s share of revenue and subscriber growth on a percentage basis.

IPTV subscriber numbers reached 92 million in 2013, 18.5% higher than a year ago, and generated revenue of $37.2 billion.

ABI said it expects IPTV subscriber numbers to increase to 161 million by 2019, about 15% of the pay-TV market, as an increasing FTTH subscriber base and bundled offerings combine to drive growth.

The cable sector, meanwhile, hurt by continued subscriber defections in North America and Western Europe - declines of 1% and 1.5% respectively - grew at the slowest rate of all pay-TV segments, about 3% from a year ago

Charlie knows whats coming, the robots are assembling cars now, the music industry said you must buy the whole cd, not just one song or they would go broke, the model would never work LOL! now buying each individual song a la cart from where?? The internet of course. it's the new norm, same for the tv world.

Hmmmmm
several companies have expressed interest in becoming online M.V.P.D.s, including Dish, Sony, DirecTV and Verizon.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/...uld-allow-a-la-carte-internet-video-services/

He may be the straw that breaks the camels back. I have never blocked anyone, but I must agree with you.. might be whats best.

Reactions: Mr Tony
The wife & I are actual Sasktel customers at our Regina SK home, we have our canadian cell phones, canadian landline, unlimited internet & home security all thru Sasktel bundled together. The only thing we don't have is their Max TV service which is similar to U-Verse here in the US. As Iceberg said sasktel was always the phone company that branched out with the times. The only other choice there for internet is the local cable company(Access Communications) which is not unlimited so already being satellite customers Sasktel was the logical choice. Here in Minot choices are different it's like oranges and apples, so I'm not to sure the point the OP is making? Would unlimited internet here be nice? Of course do I see it happening? Highly unlikely.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Delusional, he's delusional,
http://bgr.com/2014/11/10/cable-pay-tv-bundles/
That said, if these execs want to be like music industry execs who insisted for years that music fans should buy full CDs instead of only picking the songs they liked off different albums, they can be our guest. I don't think Charlie could have said it any better. Go NuTV, give what is demanded from the market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts