What is "MEGAPIPE"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Megapipe is DCII but broadcasters can compress more keeping higher quality, I know of a few channels that use megapipe ESPN HD 1 and 2, MAX HD, Universal HD, Showtime east HD, TMC HD, and a few SD channels, our 4dtv's can't lock DCII megapipe, but there is so much up there that we can get with our 4dtv's that its not funny, many channels like Playboy and a ton of others do not want us to get there programming even though we can, it is very sad to see what happend to us over the years, people with big dish just watch fta now and don't want to buy programming, or they switch to crap dish and pay high prices and let consumer bud subs slowly go away, Motorola can make us a new 4dtv that can get megapipe, but they said they will not, we do not have the numbers we once did.

Don't worry though, your 4dtv will bring you the highest quality picture and sound and best prices for a few years, just keep subscribing, and let people know that you have the best system out there, and maybe we will get more subs, thats what we need, more subs.

Thanks again for information. I suppose we have some good time left with the 922. It sounds like this issue is centered on the HD signal compression format. I imagine that in time all signals will be HD but it seems that could take a very long time. It also seems that there could be a change over from DCII to MPEG(?) and bypass Megapipe...is this possible?

To be honest only time will tell, there is mpeg 4 now, and megapipe, and internet broadcasting, who knows what will happen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)