What is "Offset" or

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FaT Air

HOA Free Zone
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
97W 48N
My mount won't let me aim at that Atlantic Ku bird at 20 degrees elevation.
This may help - -

Attachments

• Offset_dish_primer.pdf
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,902
Uh, where are you located? Here in the Midwest, we can't get past 30 degrees west. Most of the US is that way unless you are on the coast maybe?

Offset has to do with the way the lnb is twisted in it's holder. If you are using a motor, the moter itself does the offset sort of.

Uh, where are you located? Here in the Midwest, we can't get past 30 degrees west. Most of the US is that way unless you are on the coast maybe?
his loc say 48N 97W

Offset has to do with the way the lnb is twisted in it's holder. If you are using a motor, the moter itself does the offset sort of.

thats skew

offset is the bounce off the dish. KU dishes have a 20-25 degree offset. Prime Focus dishes are true as in 45 degrees elevation is really 45, not what looks like 25

At my lovcation, I-9 at 58W is at an elevation of just over 23°. One mount-pole-dish will not allow anything that low. I therefor have to invert to get I-9 or anything further east of there.
Another possible use for a inverted ant is a temporary, vacation, take along, set-up.
Normally a tripod or "J'pole, a base of some sorts, and ballast to prevent the wind from upsetting it. If we invert, there is less wind resistance, as the dish is more to the horizontal.
Then we can dispense with the tripod or "J" pole and most, if not all, of the ballast.
Just a base with the dish mounted low, so as to pivot and pitch. Rain could be a detriment though, may have to drill a small drain hole.
See the pic where where a pizza is inverted.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-interesting-sights-camping-near-chicago.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)