SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
Santa will be coming soon! :eek:

What do you hope he will bring you this year??? :deal:

(Satellite related!) ;)

I have been really good!!! :p

I am hoping that the Mrs. Claus will finally let me get a HD receiver like the Sathawk (Or

equivilent) or possibly a AZBox!

A 1.2 meter kU dish for 125W and a second sathawk for the bedroom would be nice.

My birthday was not long ago, and I kinda shot my funds for that, but got some things I had been looking for a long time.

Anole recommended the Roswell TV series to me for something to watch, and since then I have become a fan of the series that was shown OTA from 99 - 02, and what was originally broadcast had different music than what the DVD's have. So, I had been looking for several months for someone who had recorded it on VHS from the original shows, and finally found one. I just got the tapes the other day, and I am sure the quality stinks, but I will be able to watch it as it was originally broadcast with the original music, and hopefully to convert it to digital for safe-keeping.

I bought the DVDs, and they are great, but just wanted to see the originals

To do that I bought a used JVC HR-S5901U VHS unit with S-Video output to dump into my DVD recorder.

I also got a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 to setup a Win 7 MCE for my TV room to watch OTA and internet TV and run it all with a remote control.

So my Christmas might be a little slim. Just have to wait and see what Santa might bring. :)

I agree with Ice, I need a larger house anyway....less trees so I can get below 83w all year round....equipment wise I'm set in that department for a while....Blind

My birthday was not long ago, and I kinda shot my funds for that, but got some things I had been looking for a long time.

Anole recommended the Roswell TV series to me for something to watch, and since then I have become a fan of the series that was shown OTA from 99 - 02, and what was originally broadcast had different music than what the DVD's have. So, I had been looking for several months for someone who had recorded it on VHS from the original shows, and finally found one. I just got the tapes the other day, and I am sure the quality stinks, but I will be able to watch it as it was originally broadcast with the original music, and hopefully to convert it to digital for safe-keeping.

I bought the DVDs, and they are great, but just wanted to see the originals

To do that I bought a used JVC HR-S5901U VHS unit with S-Video output to dump into my DVD recorder.

I also got a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 to setup a Win 7 MCE for my TV room to watch OTA and internet TV and run it all with a remote control.

So my Christmas might be a little slim. Just have to wait and see what Santa might bring. :)

PS:

I just tried the first tape of my Roswell series today and the guy recorded 10 episodes on a single tape. Needless to say, the quality is pretty bad.

If any of you have this series recorded and tucked away somewhere in a box, PM me, and maybe I could borrow them and return them to you. :)

A Motorola/GI DSR-410 receiver with a valid unit ID. The ones on eBay keep getting too expensive for me right now. :( ...Santa? ...Anyone? :eek: :D

Id like one of those Openbox S9 Receivers I keep hearing about..Or at the very least a C-Band LNB that I can switch out the Ku I have now..I figure even with a 3-foot dish in Ohio I might have a fighting chance with G16 at 99W..

>a new house with a huge back yard (and great line of site)

Try extreme south west Minnesota. Prices are real cheap.

ikki said:
>a new house with a huge back yard (and great line of site)

Try extreme south west Minnesota. Prices are real cheap.

But that's because you are basically in South Dakota then.

It's a wonderful wife!!!

My wife, who has been preaching "NO NEW ELECTRONICS FOR CHRISTMAS" is having a change of heart! :D
She wants a LCD TV for the bathroom off of our master bedroom! :cool:
All I need is a fridge in there too and I can sell the rest of the house! ;)
Black Friday or Cyber Monday here we come!!! :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)