What is Outernet?

.is? I'm not clicking on it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Here is what someone told me it basically could be, dirt cheap free just buy the material and you have internet, with a satellite dish, but it may be a one way deal and you might have to use dial up

INFORMATION FOR THE WORLD FROM OUTER SPACE
Unrestricted, globally accessible, broadcast data.

Quality content from all over the Internet.

Available to all of humanity.
For free.

Through satellite data broadcasting, Outernet is able to bypass censorship, ensure privacy, and offer a universally-accessible information service at no cost to global citizens. It's the modern version of shortwave radio, or BitTorrent from space.

As I said before Gary its just an idea, its not a real thing. Nor do I see it ever being one.

I don't see the FCC signing off on that one, nor would they be given spectrum to do so.

As I said before Gary its just an idea, its not a real thing. Nor do I see it ever being one.

I don't see the FCC signing off on that one, nor would they be given spectrum to do so.
Well, Scott, if it's FREE there is still ham spectrum, and if the hams want it, it COULD HAPPEN!!! I'M A HAM, AND I WOULD VOTE FOR IT

It is not really internet but broadcast of internet like data from space. You notice they have the concept of voting on what content is to be sent down in a continuous loop... What are they going to send? Wikipedia over and over?

Also, even if they don't have the right spectrum, they do still have a spectrum. Scott this is not for the FCC TO RULE ABOUT this is world wide not in the USA only, i also could see Ham spectrum being traded for the right spectrum, there always a demand for that ham spectrum set up a very lond time ago

It is not really internet but broadcast of internet like data from space. You notice they have the concept of voting on what content is to be sent down in a continuous loop... What are they going to send? Wikipedia over and over?
Beats zero for a lot of people, my son had a bulletin board running in our house when he was 15, before the internet sending packets of info, hams did that before the internet

Gary if its broadcasting in the USA or broadcasting out of the USA it needs FCC permission, plus the ITU regulates all the satellite space up there.

Its not going to use HAM frequencies as there is not even enough bandwidth there to properly deliver slow scan tv.

As I said neat idea, but never going to fly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts