What is the Best BD or HDDVD you have seen for PQ?

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Just re-watched Transformers (yes, on HD DVD) and I remain convinced that film has one of the best Picture QUality of any High Definition movie I have ever seen. I am curious what other films you think match up to the quality of the picture in Transformers? On Blu-Ray or HD DVD - I don't care which format; I only posted this in this forum because all new films are BD only.

I don't think I've seen a better image than Ratatouille.
And I, Robot for non-animation is among the best...

Diogen.

I don't think I've seen a better image than Ratatouille.
And I, Robot for non-animation is among the best...

Diogen.

Cartoons almost always look good, in my opinion anyway. What I like about the PQ of Transformers is that you can practically feel the grit and sweat on the soldiers when they are on the helicopter (and the girl doesn't look bad either ;) )

Alright, I'll have to go buy Serenity on HD DVD (even though I have it on DVD) :D

What other films wow you in a HDM format?

King Kong is supposed to rock... I might have to check it out today...
According to European encoding pros, movies that were encoded by the Microsoft developer gang
(very few are) are always the closest to the original. Doesn't mean the master was top quality, though...

King Kong would be one of them. Miami Vice another.

Also, Man on Fire and the last Die Hard would be in the reference quality category.

Diogen.

I've got to comment about "Serenity" and the answers.com plug in used with Firefox. This is where you put the edit mark on a word and ALT-click it. A box pops up with info about the word. In this case, for Serenity it talks about a 1962 movie by that name. And one that sounds like a real dog. I thought you guys were nuts for wanting it. Then I looked at Amazon & IMDB and saw what it really is.

Thanks, I've now put myself on their alert list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts