What is the best deal for a new customer who wants a DVR with a one year commitment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was wondering if someone on here could help me with some D* info.

I was looking into getting the D* DVR, but I really do not like the two year commitment.....before you start saying things like life is a commitment....My job is contracted from year to year....next year, I could be living in an apartment in another state with no possibility for a dish.

I have never been a DTV customer. I would like to get the D* DVR, even if I have to pay for it with no promotion, but I get conflicting info from different CSRs...

I. One CSR says that "advanced equipment" requires a 2-year commitment, even if I buy the receiver, as soon as it is put on an account, there is a commitment. One time they said 2 years, then they said 1 year, if I buy the receiver. Who's correct?

II. One CSR says that I cannot buy used equipment at all! Is this true? If they no longer activate used equipment, the receiver will be worth $0, should I have to move.

III. Does D* have a UHF remote upgrade? I really enjoy the 721's UHF remote.

Is all this information true? Is staying with E* just my best deal, since I know that I can sell my 721, if I have to move next year?

Thanks to all with useful info which pertains to this topic!!

Plywodstatebum said:
Buy the Box from somewhere that you can return it. That way if they say 2 year tell them to stick it you'll return the box.
Any advanced receiver DVR or HD requires a 2 year contract from Directv. There is no way to get a 1 yr. contract unless you just get a basic receiver. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts