What is the best HDTV on the market at any price?

"The best" is a relative term. It depends on your personal preferences, room conditions, etc.
For example, most agree that plasma TV sets offer the best colors among flat panel sets, but they don't work well at all in bright lit rooms.
Front projectors give you the best (and the largest!) picture, but they require total darkness.

Indeed, a very complicated question.

It all depends on what features are most important to you. For me, "the best" TV is the one I enjoy watching and didn't have to go into debt for. My list of features included at least four feet diagonal size, full 1920x1080P resolution, low glare factor and passive 3D and fit within the amount of money I had previously saved plus my Christmas bonus.

Since price isn't an issue for you, just decide which features are important and find several that fit your list, and demo them in-store or better yet in a friend's home, if you can. Then buy the one you liked best.

I'd rather answer an easier question, such as "What's the best religion?" or "Why can't we all just get along and work for world peace?"

If there was a clear cut answer to this question, they wouldn't produce 10 gazillion models.

Unfortunately its not on the market anymore . The Pioneer Elite is still the best direct view HDTV ever made.

Yeap. Way too many variables, room conditions being number one. My Panasonic VT (plasma) has way less glare and reflection than my Sony 820 (LCD/LED). My projector is best when dark, but I can have the lights on and still watch/listen while I work on things.

S~

Yeap. Way too many variables, room conditions being number one. My Panasonic VT (plasma) has way less glare and reflection than my Sony 820 (LCD/LED). My projector is best when dark, but I can have the lights on and still watch/listen while I work on things.

S~

Isnt it funny that "reflectivity" was used by fanboys alike for years against plasma, then LED LCD's when the mirror route :)

It also depends a lot on what you are willing to pay. You can go the movie theater route with a $50k projector, of course you would need a pretty big screen or you will go blind with how bright it is... There are the 100"+ plasmas that clock in for a pretty penny...

I have a mix of TVs in my house. My JVC front projector gives probably the best picture, but you need a dark room. Plasma is my second choice, I really love my plasma picture, it is just small compared to FP. LCD does do well though.

The question needs to be: I have up to $X to spend and I am going to use the TV in Y room under Z lighting conditions. Then the best TV could probably be found for your situation.

Love this. No "like" button on the SatGuys iPhone app.

OP: Yep, it's time to tell us under what conditions you plan to watch, and do you have the space and inclination to even consider a FPTV. I think we can cross off RPTVs such as DLPs, but little else without more info.

Of course, there's OLED, if you're willing to wait. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)