what is the best set up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mots-a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
going in for a new contract with dtv.

right now I'm am running 2 dish's on the roof, a hd ovel 5lnb with 3 lines running off it 2 going to a hr22 in my tv room and 1 line running to a hr22 in the bedroom.

the smaller dish is a very old hd dish that has 2 lines going to 2 dif rooms with standard receivers.

I have no multi switches just cables run streight to the receivers.

I'm looking for the best equipment and possibilitys to get hd to every room so all the tvs can get hd and be on different live channels, would also like to avoid having big receivers in the 2 dif rooms.

the bedroom doesn't need a duel line because I never record a show and watch another in there but could be optional in the future.

equipment, what's the best dish to get and receivers that will fit me?

just so I know what to ask for, also if they don't give me everything I am willing to pay for some stuff, I could install myself if needed.

If you want hd in all rooms they will have to replace the standard receivers, obviously. They will likely install a swm lnb which will allow you to use both tuners on the dvrs with only one cable to them. You may not pay for anything depending upon your payment history and how long you have been a customer. Call and ask, Directv is the only one that can tell you for sure.

Upgrade one of the DVR's to the Genie then the 2 standard boxes to clients. HDDVR in every room with the ability to record up to 7 things at once.

ok not sure how the genie clients work, If im watching in a room with one of the clients can I watch live tv in hd freely?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)