What Is the Best Way to Get HR20-700?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimzo said:
Go to Best Buy. I was there yesterday in Skokie, IL and it was selling for $399. The HR10-250 was reduced to $99. I don't know if they are widely available but I certainly saw one yesterday.

Jim

Funny, but they don't show any as available on their website.

I'm asking this on behalf of my neighbor who has DirecTV service. They have an HDTV and a regular TiVo today but are considering upgrading to get HD. It's mainly for sports, i.e. football. My wife told them we've got an OTA receiver we no longer need and I have no problem selling it to them, but I did suggest they call D* and see what they can get from them.

They've been a customer for a "few" years and I'll presume they're in good standing with D*.

What would others suggest ?? We're in Dayton OH, so I suspect there's no HD locals coming anytime soon, if that's a factor in getting the new MPEG4 HD-DVRs.

Order from Value Electronics. Look what showed up on my credit card transaction list. Robert wasnt kidding they will be the first.

08/29/2006 08/28/2006 VALUE ELECTRONICS COM INC $299.99

Brewer4 said:
Order from Value Electronics. Look what showed up on my credit card transaction list. Robert wasnt kidding they will be the first.

Bah! Nothing showing up on my recent account activity yet.

I purchased my H20 at Costco earlier this year, asked a rep yesterday if they would carry the new HR20-700 and he said they will sometime in Sept/Oct. I will wait to see if they do and perhaps purchase it locally.

We'll see.. :)

they are on ebay right now for 319-329, plus shipping.

If I knew Robert had them I would have ordered off of him, and I STRONGLY suggest everyone here do the same, he runs a great business and I had nothing but a good order from him, even the follow up support is great.

I can direct my neighbor to Value Electronics, but can't say what they'll do.

Is the "old" HD TiVo no longer available from D* ?? It will work fine for the time being until Dayton's locals are added, which could be 1-2 years. What can customers get from D*'s retention department ??

hall said:
I can direct my neighbor to Value Electronics, but can't say what they'll do.

Is the "old" HD TiVo no longer available from D* ?? It will work fine for the time being until Dayton's locals are added, which could be 1-2 years. What can customers get from D*'s retention department ??

I am sure robert apperciates it one way or another. Also the Tivo is only available through ebay (but I am sure Directv is still running its stock out) if you call retention and they are long time directv subscribers I am pretty sure they will get a HR10 for free/

I was wondering if the overall price was lowered to 299, or is it just valueelectronics that is offering this price? Also if I were to order from value, do I have to do my own install or does it go through the normal method where I get free install, I'd rather not climb on my roof and replace my dish myself. Also is this starting to show up elsewhere than la, I now see it on ebay etc

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
You have a definite yes. And you will receive it very soon as we have arranged for simultaneous east and west cost fulfillment.

-Robert

Robert,

Does your company email tracking #s when the orders are shipped?

Question about this purchase of HR20-700

I have HD service here in Wash DC area. Now if I purchase this new box from Big Rob at Value Electronics.....because this is what I have been waiting on before I switch over to the new dish and mpeg 4. Need my HD DVR option!! But what do I do with my current HD TIVO DVR? Is this HD DVR mpeg 4 option still only avail in LA?? Do I get some kind of swap option for the TIVO box?
Can someone clear this up for me please? Thanks! :)

Brewer4 said:

Charged you more than two weeks before shipping?

snathanb said:
Charged you more than two weeks before shipping?

The unit was about to ship until D* pulled back the strings with the exclusive Best Buy deal. VE removed the charge a few days after. Hopefully I see the new charge tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)