What is the biggest NON-STORY of the year in sports?

I agree that the response was over-blown, but I also agree with Jimbo to some extent, Vick's lack of on-field presence is a factor too...hence, it IS relevant to this thread.

It seems like Vick has disappeared again. Much less protest over an invisible man...

Sandra

Vick would have been better off to sign with that other league and played thier whole year as a starting QB and then come back to the NFL next year with some playing time for the NFL teams to see.

Right now he's IN the NFL making money, but not playing can't be going over well with him.
Then again, if he wanted to play right away he wouldn't have signed with a team that was GOOD and had an established QB.

Vick would have been better off to sign with that other league and played thier whole year as a starting QB and then come back to the NFL next year with some playing time for the NFL teams to see.

Right now he's IN the NFL making money, but not playing can't be going over well with him.
Then again, if he wanted to play right away he wouldn't have signed with a team that was GOOD and had an established QB.

He wanted to be in the NFL....he got it. He KNEW he would be nothing more than a #3 or used in some wildcat form....and he got that. He ALSO knew that in that position he was not mak alot of money but TONES more than what he would make in that other league.....he got that too.

..So I would say he got everything he expected and wanted

He wanted to be in the NFL....he got it. He KNEW he would be nothing more than a #3 or used in some wildcat form....and he got that. He ALSO knew that in that position he was not mak alot of money but TONES more than what he would make in that other league.....he got that too.

..So I would say he got everything he expected and wanted

I agree, but he still would have been better off to go show what he's got in the other league, then sign with the NFL next year.

I agree, but he still would have been better off to go show what he's got in the other league, then sign with the NFL next year.

Absolutely, this is what I said over the summer. If Vick's goal was to make it to the NFL and prove he can outlast Peta protests, he has succeeded. After his prison term it may have been all about the money for Vick anyway.

If his goal was to establish himself as a player who can still lead your team, however...no success at all. Kevin Kolb is clearly the successor to McNabb in Philly, and Vick has done nothing for any other franchise to look at and say he should come in and lead their team. At his age, I thought that would be his goal. Apparently not.

He could have gone to the UFL, brought some publicity to the league, and put some highlight plays on tape as well. He would have had a much better time attracting NFL offers in the coming off-season.

Sandra

I have a problem with that statement. You HONESTLY think he begged the Eagles ownership to sign him?? Really?

The Eagles are paying Vick $1.625 million this year, which was not pro-rated for his two-game suspension. He got every penny. And at the time, the Eagles thought the suspension could be as high as six games.

For the $1.625 million Vick has to date thrown 9 passes and completed 3 for a total of 6 yards. He as 65 total yards rushing, 34 of which came on one play. He has a total of 31 yards for his other 14 carries.

Yeah, I think Dungy had to go into serious persuasive mode on this one. Vick isn't even McNabb's backup, Kolb is. And they still talk about bringing Jeff Garcia back if something happens to McNabb. Vick was always an afterthought...perhaps even a favor.

The Eagles hold the option next year for Vick, but the salary rises to $5 million. Raise your hand if you think the Eagles will exercise that option. :rolleyes:

Dungy won't even try this time...

Sandra

The Eagles are paying Vick $1.625 million this year, which was not pro-rated for his two-game suspension. He got every penny. And at the time, the Eagles thought the suspension could be as high as six games.

For the $1.625 million Vick has to date thrown 9 passes and completed 3 for a total of 6 yards. He as 65 total yards rushing, 34 of which came on one play. He has a total of 31 yards for his other 14 carries.

Yeah, I think Dungy had to go into serious persuasive mode on this one. Vick isn't even McNabb's backup, Kolb is. And they still talk about bringing Jeff Garcia back if something happens to McNabb. Vick was always an afterthought...perhaps even a favor.

The Eagles hold the option next year for Vick, but the salary rises to $5 million. Raise your hand if you think the Eagles will exercise that option. :rolleyes:

Dungy won't even try this time...

Sandra

You think, therefore you assume. Dungy had NO PART in the negociations in his contract. I dought HE went to the Eagles......THEY went to HIM. They asked his opinion about him. Simple as that....that HE WENT to them and persuaded them to sign him....that is out of leftfield.

You think, therefore you assume. Dungy had NO PART in the negociations in his contract. I dought HE went to the Eagles......THEY went to HIM. They asked his opinion about him. Simple as that....that HE WENT to them and persuaded them to sign him....that is out of leftfield.

Child please...:D

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)