What is the correct part # for an RF, backlit remote that works with the HR34?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wope

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Louisiana
I had my HR34 installed today and love it. Unfortunately, they only gave me an IR remote. I'm looking for a backlit, RF remote that will control the HR34. I think it might be the RC65RBX, but I've been unable to find anything concrete. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

img__Universal_RF.jpg

[h=4]Universal RF Remote[/h]

This remote can do everything the Infrared can do, and more. It's Radio Frequency (RF) capable** so you don't have to point your remote at your system to control it[SUP]1[/SUP].
  • Back lit: see buttons, even in low light.
  • Controls up to 4 components, including DIRECTV Receivers, TVs, VCRs and DVD players — even older models.
  • Memory protected: replace batteries without re-programming your remote.
Only $25

Model number might not be exactly what you said, but it should work with your HR34.

OSD771 said:

This remote can do everything the Infrared can do, and more. It's Radio Frequency (RF) capable** so you don't have to point your remote at your system to control it[SUP]1[/SUP].

[*]Back lit: see buttons, even in low light.
[*]Controls up to 4 components, including DIRECTV Receivers, TVs, VCRs and DVD players — even older models.
[*]Memory protected: replace batteries without re-programming your remote.

Only $25

Model number might not be exactly what you said, but it should work with your HR34.

The standard IR/RF remote with backlit buttons don't work. It's a special one but I don't remember what the model number is

img__Universal_RF.jpg

• Back lit: see buttons, even in low light.
  • Controls up to 4 components, including DIRECTV Receivers, TVs, VCRs and DVD players — even older models.
  • Memory protected: replace batteries without re-programming your remote.
Only $25

The model number for the HR34 is RC-70 and isnt on Direct website yet or out for everyone :)

I went ahead and ordered the RC65RBX. Will come back and confirm that it works later this week.

It does and it will

I have been looking all over for information on this. So are you confirming that the HR34 works in RF mode with the RC65RBX? Did you need to use the RF antenna that plugs into the ir port (like the H25 needs?)

Thanks!

DirecTV really needs to do a better job of supporting the RF remotes (lack of documentation on their website / etc). I just came over from Dish Network and ALL of their remotes are now RF by default (and I got spoiled).

I stood corrected from my post. Yes it works and no, you don't need anything special. Just program and go ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts