What is the cost of early termination?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joecel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
I've been seriously thinking of moving to DirectTv because of the HD line-up. Does anyone know what the early termination fee for Dish is?

Thanks,
Joe

I believe the fee is $250.00 on an 18 month committment, but they prorate you something like 13.88 a month for every month you complete of your committment. Example if you still have 12 months committment you owe $167.00.

Assuming you're on an 18-month commitment with DISH Network, the pro-rated cost is $13.33 per unfinished month of the commitment period. ($240 total)

If you went through a retailer to get installed, you may be under a third-party agreement with that retailer where early termination may carry an additional cost.

For years Dish had more HD than Direct, and now that Directv has had a slight lead over Dish for like 3 weeks people are talking about Jumping ship.

Wait a few more months and give Dish a chance to catch up and be the HD leader again :)

And, look at it this way, since E* has the extra 15 Voom channels, when they match D*s channel lineup (which they will), they will always be ahead unless D* adds VOOM too (which they might when the hd well dries up). :)

You better be wearing steel toed boots, because you are about to shoot yourself in the foot.

For years Dish had more HD than Direct, and now that Directv has had a slight lead over Dish for like 3 weeks people are talking about Jumping ship.

Wait a few more months and give Dish a chance to catch up and be the HD leader again :)
Yep and there the ones that will come crawling back and crying because they can't get "FREE" stuff or can't get the "NEW" customer deals :).

Its not just the HD and not being the HD leader anymore . . .

Its also the not being the Video over IP leader anymore also. I have been reading up on the hundreds of shows offered for free over broadband DOD to the Direct TV HD receivers.

All dish seems to have in beta is pay per view over Video over IP and it does not sound like Dish will EVER be able to do HD over IP on the 622 like direct TV can and that everyone would have to upgrade to the newer 722 or what ever its called Dish HD DVR.

Myself, I am going to wait a few more months to see of Dish can catch up on BOTH HDTV and Video over IP.

Speaking of early termination fees. I have confirmed the above is true with Dish. So it would cost me $13.xx times 3 months to get out.

But what about DIRECT TV, you have to sign a Two you contract, do they have a nice early termination like Dish or do you have to pay the full $250 or something to get out some day.
Two years is a long time. Who knows a year from now maybe dish will have that new 100% HD service (different than dish) that Charlie kind of mentioned they were looking at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts