What is the deal with the Premier Pack?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntDogg65

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
I just upgraded from Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR to the Premier pack. I know that the sports pack is included but why can I not watch any games that come on each network. I keep getting a message that this program is blacked out in my area. Why offer all of these networks to every if everyone can't watch whats on them.

Welcome to the curse that is sports blackouts. DirecTV has to go by the rules dictated to them by the sports leagues. The only way to watch games out of your area is the sports subscriptions, i.e., MLB Extra Innings. You can only watch the games that are 'in your area.' If you turn to a channel that has a game on that is not one in your area it will always be blacked out. So, for most people the sports pack isn't worth it.

Yes with the few channels that are not RSN's I think it should be included as part of a package!!

I've noticed a few non blacked out games, mostly NHL... but a few NBA as well.

Only during repeats though as Hemi pointed out.

I suppose being limited to repeat games, is better than no games at all... Still debateable about whether or not it's worth the money, I guess you have extra things like college basketball games also... which is something else I've noticed.

I can't subscribe to that out of principle but since upgrading to the package directly under Premier they've added me to speed dial calling me monthly with an upgrade offer. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't jump right into their 2 minute rant about the benefits each time. I refuse to not answer my own phone but this is getting ridiculous.

have a question on the sports pack-on the channels that are HD 24/7 (Nesn etc) with the sports pack do u get ALL the non game stuff in HD? Or do u have to live in the area to get it. On dish with the sports pack you only get the games in HD-not the post game or pre-game UNLESS its on the sports channel that serves your area.

have a question on the sports pack-on the channels that are HD 24/7 (Nesn etc) with the sports pack do u get ALL the non game stuff in HD? Or do u have to live in the area to get it. On dish with the sports pack you only get the games in HD-not the post game or pre-game UNLESS its on the sports channel that serves your area.

Correct, you get all the non game time stuff in HD :)

Thanks for all of the good information guys, our three month movie pack is running out, and my wife loves Showtime. That is why I made the choice to upgrade to the Premier, It just sucks that I can't watch my team (Lakers) unless I pay 100 bucks for one month of games. Terrible.

That is right i forgot about this one too. I have taken a break from basketball since my team is not on Directv.
NBA channel though with E* same thing ,Is only in AEP, and if you want it in HD you have to subscribe to HD Platinum. What a Rip!
NBA must be worth some big bucks, MLB,NFL,NHL, not so much I guess.:)

Glad to see I am not the only one who finds the Sports Pack to be less than attractive than advertised. I tried it for a while and as OP states it seemed that every game I wanted to watch was blacked out. You have to subscribe to a premium package to really get the games you want (at least if you want pro games). I like a fairer option would be pull the national stuff out (like NBA, etc.) and make them an extra pack for 5 bucks (similar to the HD extras pack).

Just make a channel that shows all the coaches shows from around the country, that's really the only content on there that you can see that isn't duplicated on SportsCenter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)