What is the fastest receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a Hopper with sling, and have a HR44/200. Not sure why people think the HWS is so much faster...
I had the hopper for a few days with the HR-44. I would say they are very comparable in speed when it comes to operation. As far as FFW and skip, I could not really say as I didnt pay tremendous attention to that aspect. My main desire for speed is navigation.

Now my HR-21........ugh....

I don't know if it was mine you read, but the HR44 is certainly a bit faster than the Hopper with or without Sling. Given the dog slow operation of every other HRxx I've seen over the years, I didn't think I'd ever say that about D* equipment!! :)

Yes, it was your review that I read.

Everyone has figured out what unit the person was talking about. Everyone also knows that there is no HR25 or R25 unit, that it was a typo.

Then you should've corrected it instead of saying another wrong comment if everybody knew differently.

I had the hopper for a few days with the HR-44. I would say they are very comparable in speed when it comes to operation. As far as FFW and skip, I could not really say as I didnt pay tremendous attention to that aspect. My main desire for speed is navigation.

Now my HR-21........ugh....

I feel your pain with that HR21!

The fast forward on Dish is quicker, but I almost never use it with Direct because the only time I needed it with Dish was when I went back to a show that I watched part of while recording. With Direct, that isn't necessary. The skip speed is the same imp.

I feel your pain with that HR21!

The fast forward on Dish is quicker, but I almost never use it with Direct because the only time I needed it with Dish was when I went back to a show that I watched part of while recording. With Direct, that isn't necessary. The skip speed is the same imp.

That's it then. I always use skip instead.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The discussion about the fastest recvr is kinda strange, in that one recvr may be faster at navigating, another at FF/slip/skip thru shows and with all the variables involved it just isn't a clear question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)