What is the furthest south that anyone has gotten Anik G1

It was a discussion with Shaw last July where they said they were moving off between April and October 2018. There was huge pressure to upgrade head-ends by Spring 2017. They may very well have plans to use it after October 2018, it didn't sound like it. Lets hope.

If I get the channels in HD now will I get them in 2019 here in maimi fl
Here the channels I get
CBC HD
SNET-P HD
SNET W HD
SNET E HD
SNET 1 HD
TSN HD
CTV HD
City HD
Global HD
west cost
ABC HD
NBC HD
CBS HD
FOX HD

If you get those all the time, without outages due to simsub, in Miami, you must have a either Toronto area address or still have the old LNB code on your account.

Shaw is still using 4 transponders for mpeg4 HD services and Bell Media is using 2 transponders for transport of some of their Std Def services.

I found this about ANIK G1 and wanted to share my experience. I am on the VA / NC border. I could not get any G1 channels with the 75e from Shaw, I tried a 4 foot, no go, I tried a 6 foot, but it would only get one transponder , number 16. So then I installed an 8 foot offset Prodelin in order to receive G1.

I was shocked at how the signal can differ from hour to hour with the G1 transponders.

I have gone through several situations with trying three different F1X, two different 60e and one 75e LNB’s.

I found out that using the 4x8 powered switch made the signal quality a little better. I just used an old DirecTv switch.

So, this is the end result. The new style F1X, with the long neck, works when using a conical scalar connected to the very end. Also, adding the 111 LNB on the same dish caused interference for the G1 signal. I accidentally discovered that when the 13v side was disconnected, that the signal was a little better on the horizontal transponders.

So, since I the most channels that I wanted were on even transponders, I decided to leave it that way. I connected the 75e dish for the vertical transponders from 107 (missing all G1) and the 111.

My end result for the beset performance: F1x with a conical scalar on the very end on an 8 foot offset with one cable going to multiswitch, the 18v volt side. Three cables going to a 75e dish with the triple sat Shaw 75e LNB. Again, I do not get any odd G1 transponders this way, but I get transponders 13 and 14 almost all the time and 16 all the time.

I wish there were a better LNB that I could use so that I could get both horizontal and vertical without the 2 interfering with each other! From time to time, I used to get transponders 5 and 8, but this was with a F1X that went bad after around a year.

I wish that we could use one of the setup listed here

https://www.shawbroadcast.com/Documents/bulletins/2012_06_13_LNB.pdf

But, it looks like only the way to go for the setup with a residential receiver would be the $1500 option that might or might not work. I know that many say that those LNBs cannot be used with a residential receiver, but if you read the following information, I think that I might indeed be possible.

https://www.shawbroadcast.com/Documents/bulletins/2017_11_23_MPEG-4_Equipment_Update_EN.pdf

I wish there were a way to combine the 4508c with another LNB via diplexer in order to use the 4508c. If I knew more about making notch filters, I would make one that would pass the G1 signal only, and one that would pass the F1 signals only, and then combine the two.

Reactions: QCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)