What is the future of VOOM?

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Will VOOM be able to make it on its own? A lot of speculation centers on a buyout by DISH but recently rumors have surface about a DTV interest. What do you thinK?

I suspect a buyout by either E* or D*, I do not expect V* to survive as an independent company. V* has bean around for what now, almost one year? Only 8000 subs in that amount of time does not look good for their survival.

Today is a bad day in general and particularly for this sector. But it does not bode well for the company to have that few subs. You have to wonder why some were so confident about 10K. It set an expectation and potential investors will be disappointed.

I hope Voom gets bought out, by D* actually. D* has everything except HD, and by adding V8 they'd solve that problem. Giving Voom subscribers a sweetheart deal in conversion would be nice, also. But D* would have to change many things, right? B/C their satellites are not near Rainbow 1?

well they could put east coast locals on 61.5 I suppose. That would free up 101 bandwidth. And D* did make certain commitments concerning locals when they were bought by Murdoch.

cyuhnke said:
I hope Voom gets bought out, by D* actually. D* has everything except HD, and by adding V8 they'd solve that problem. Giving Voom subscribers a sweetheart deal in conversion would be nice, also. But D* would have to change many things, right? B/C their satellites are not near Rainbow 1?

E* is more likely since they have a Sat. there-but only for a cheap price,D*- no way,too far away from there core and News Corp is taking a beating from investors for paying too much for D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts