What is "The New York Network" on 79 W ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
What is "The New York Network" on 79 W ?

I see on the "List" that there are 9 channels of The New York Network on 79 W. I gather that these are SD and can be received on any FTA receiver. What is on those channels, are they on all the time? Is the transponder fairly strong? Is it worth re aiming my World Direct Oval dish for these channels?

SatelliteGuys.US - 79.0°W AMC 5 Ku

( I have my dish aimed at 125W for PBS Montana, I don't have AC3 or a HD receiver and since WSEE and TVMT is gone ...just one PBS channel is not enough to justify keeping the dish parked there. However 9 channels of NY Network might be enough reason to re aim the dish)

Thanks

Good question, I was wondering the same thing when I pointed to 79W........I kept checking it but never found any video so I moved on. I hope someone knowledgeable chimes in.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing when I pointed to 79W........I kept checking it but never found any video so I moved on. I hope someone knowledgeable chimes in.

THis used to be one of my favorite transponders. Most of the channels on the transponder are horse racing feeds (which vary with respect to being encrypted), but there used to be one of the channels that had some nice programming on it. It would have some educational type shows (usually related to NY state), plus about 3 times a day they would show an hour or two of Classic Arts Showcase programming. However this ended a year or two ago, and now I think all I usually see on what used to be the interesting channel is a test pattern. I think that I HAVE seen some programming there, possibly some NY legislature type stuff.... I can't remember. But anyway, not much there of interest NOW, but I keep an eye on it hoping that it will return to what it used to be.

NYN 4-9 are horse race channels (off track betting)...9 is in the clear and the others are scrambled but do go in the clear once in a while

NYN2 which is scrambeld use to be the best of the bunch. They had news programs and Classic Arts Showcase which worked good for the folks who dont have C-Band

NYN1 & 3 are feeds...seen the NY Lottery drawings on 3 and 1 has had news feeds

NYN2 which is scrambeld use to be the best of the bunch. They had news programs and Classic Arts Showcase which worked good for the folks who dont have C-Band

Or people who are looking through a bunch of trees trying to see that far west. :(
I used to be able to see 133 in the winter, but the way the trees have filled in, I can't get that far anymore. I wish that they'd put that up on a more centrally located satellite.

...I used to be able to see 133 in the winter, but the way the trees have filled in, I can't get that far anymore. I wish that they'd put that up on a more centrally located satellite.

Quite the contrary here: in winter I can get the 133W, no more leaves on trees blocking my view.

Mike

Bill those channels are also being fed on 105, just this past week, so they may be moving. Some good sports feeds on that satellite too-it might be a good place to put a fixed dish.

Bill those channels are also being fed on 105, just this past week, so they may be moving. Some good sports feeds on that satellite too-it might be a good place to put a fixed dish.

I see that "The Macy's Channel" is on 105 also. I assume it could be a "in store" channel for Macy's?

Thanks for the info, 105W seems like a good candidate.

(The reason why I haven't gone to 83W for RTN,...it is because our local chennel 25 carries RTN. And while I thought about Ohio News Network on 74W "The List" shows it as MPEG-2 Encoder ...would a SD FTA receiver pick that up? I think Channel 16 out of Dayton carries Ohio News Network some of the time)

yes any receiver can get MPEG2 items. On the list unless ity states otherwise (4:2:2, MPEG4) any reciever will work

What transponder are they on? I've tried blind-scannng 105 several times but all I'm getting is Mayces and the Echostar test card.

noticed that last night......bummer that they are leaving 79W but since Dish Network is subleasing TP's off AMC15 (they are leasing the sat) companies can get TP time cheap

should be interesting to see if KTEL or others move off AMC-5 also - it could be closer to being out of gas than we think or getting ready to go inclined orbit in the next 12 months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)