What is the point of dual tuner boxes now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The reason to have a duo receiver now is the same as before...PIP.
For me PIP died long ago when I got a DVR -- especially one with a dual tuner. Why try to watch anything in that little window? Just record both shows, or at least buffer each and swap between them (skipping commercials).

For me PIP died long ago when I got a DVR -- especially one with a dual tuner. Why try to watch anything in that little window? Just record both shows, or at least buffer each and swap between them (skipping commercials).
Gotta have PIP to swap! lol
612 has two sat. tuners but cannot swap or PIP!

Gotta have PIP to swap! lol
612 has two sat. tuners but cannot swap or PIP!
I wasn't trying to argue against a Duo rec'r (because I do like the benefits of the dual buffers in Single mode) but I still think PIP is dead -- and you don't have to use PIP to be able to Swap. Just hit the Swap button anytime (even without a PIP window up) and swap between the tuners. That said, with a 612 just record both shows, and watch them one at a time skipping commercials (and thus saving time) along the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts