What is the real cost for FiOS TV?

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
FiOS will be coming to my neighborhood "soon", and I am thinking about dumping Dish when they get here.

I have looked over the FiOS website and want to be sure that I understand the "real world" cost of installation, equipment, and programming. I currently have a Dish 622 that feeds the main living room TV on tuner 1, and 2 bedroom TVs on tuner 2. I also have a 508 in the master bedroom that is a stand-alone, but I occasionally watch a program in there off of the 622 as well.

• What equipment would I need to replicate the above situation?
    Which receivers does the Home Media DVR work with?
    How well do they all work together?
    How much is it all going to cost?

Any experiences anyone would like to share about their FiOS setup would be appreciated, especially if you can compare to Dish Network. I have been with Dish for 8 years now, but with Verizon offering more at a competitive price they are worth a serious look.

Thanks to everyone in advance...

I was just looking over the online brochure for the Home Media DVR, and I noticed two important things...

1. HD programming is not viewable on remote set top boxes. Just about all I record is in HD, so that could be a big problem.
2. HD set top boxes (model 6200) can not be used as part of a multi-room network. Does that mean that the standard DVR can?
3. You must subscribe to the Home Media DVR service to use Media Manager. How much does THAT cost? That fee isn't on their fee table.