what is the status for the new dish music app

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
what is the status on the new music app from dish where we can program each room using your ipad or smartphone or with your hopper with sling.so we could see tunein and iheart radio.any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen bluegras

here is what i was talking about

WHOLE-HOME MUSIC.
Coming Soon! Just announced at this year’s CES is Whole-Home Music from DISH. Whole-Home Music offers a more complete streaming experience throughout your entire home. DISH has partnered with iHeart, Pandora and TuneIn to provide a single source for the best that these services offer.

Stream live radio stations and shows, even make your own custom radio with iHeart. Pandora is your gateway to personalized radio that plays the type of music you’re looking for. TuneIn offers over a massive collection of radio stations and podcasts that feature music, news, sports and much more. Explore the world of streaming content with Whole-Home Music from DISH.

Alan, soon. As soon as the first person gets it, I promise they will light up the chat boards. It has not been forgotten about, just not on the primary list of things coming. I am better it will release after the new software release.

Reactions: lazydogmot
i have a feeling it will come on the next software release.it could be today or soon enough.can someone explain to me i have my hopper and my soundbar in my bedroom i want to get another 5.1 vizio surrond sound to put in the computer room so i can play tunein and iheart radio am i doing it right please let me know.

I got to be honest, this project may have been pushed back or scrapped. I hear it was not even mentioned at Team Summit. :(
that would stink big time scott it would be nice to have tunein and iheart radio on our hoppers so we can listen to other radio stations besides listening to siriusxm,pandora,and dish music all the time.if this is scrapped someone needs to put together a app for both tunein and i heart radio.what do you guys think what is going on?

Tunein and iHeart are both available on computers and ROKU. There are also apps available for tablets and phones..... It's already there nobody needs to put together anything.... BTW, you need to sign in for both programs....

Reactions: KAB
that would stink big time scott it would be nice to have tunein and iheart radio on our hoppers so we can listen to other radio stations besides listening to siriusxm,pandora,and dish music all the time.if this is scrapped someone needs to put together a app for both tunein and i heart radio.what do you guys think what is going on?

You can get music on so many other devices including you cell phone. Why are you so obsessed that Dish add it.

Tunein and iHeart are both available on computers and ROKU. There are also apps available for tablets and phones..... It's already there nobody needs to put together anything.... BTW, you need to sign in for both programs....
it would be great you can actually listen to tunein and iheart radio on your hopper and joeys the reason why i am asking it just gets tired of listening to the same music on the hopper all the time i am buying a 5.1 vizio surround sound to put in the computer room so i can listen to tunein in here also.

and yet we just heard that the vaporware may never make it to the user... My TVs are connected via AVRs as are my Rokus and AppleTV. I get perfectly good sound out of them....

i have a feeling it will come on the next software release.it could be today or soon enough.can someone explain to me i have my hopper and my soundbar in my bedroom i want to get another 5.1 vizio surrond sound to put in the computer room so i can play tunein and iheart radio am i doing it right please let me know.
A sound bar is surely overkill for Internet streamed music. The point was to have the same song playing in sync in all rooms. If you're just going to play it in one room, a tablet, computer or phone will get you where you want to go and you won't have to wait for DISH.

For the less than the price of a sound bar you can get a Grace Digital (or C.Crane) Internet radio to replace your alarm clock. 50,000 radio stations plus Pandora and IHeart.

Allen, you need to learn the Hopper/Joey is NOT the center of the home entertainment Universe! As others have said, what you want is at your disposal if you just un-hitch yourself from the Hopper.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)