What is this? Encryption?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hicks107

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2010
ny
I see a few channels with this all the time. What is it? Some kind of encryption or scrambling? This is on 107w
Thanks.

IMG00039-20110128-1903.jpg

Yes, that is what 4:2:2 looks like on the OpenBox. It aways has a lot of green in it and will have some remnants of the last HD picture you tuned in.

I thought it was 4:2:2 so I recorded some and tried to play it with VLC like others do and it didnt play.

Go to 107.3 and blind scan. there are about a half dozen just like it.

SOME of the tp's on 107W that are 4:2:2 are ALSO PowerVU encrypted. IF YOU really want to know the answer to your question, you'll have to tell us which SPECIFIC tp you are asking about. Some of the tp's on 107W that are 4:2:2 are ITC , but you can't get them without a receiver that supports 4:2:2 or a PCI solution. Blindscanning the bird will tell us nothing about the tp that you are talking about.
:)

Sorry for not being more specific on the TP, thats laziness for ya :)

11912 H 5859
11919 H 5858
11941 H 5859

yep those are the CBC news feeds. They are 4:2:2

there are others at 11904, 11926, 11933 and 11949. Same polarity and symbol rate

I have read in previous posts that you can record them to a hard disk then play them with VLC. Since its not working is there something I am missing? Will the openbox S9 not record them properly? I understand that it wont display them I just thought I could record them then play on a PC. Maybe I misunderstood.

Thanks again guys.

nah its good :)
If it helps do something that some of us have done already (play 4:2:2 or HD on the computer) I'm all for it

thanks guys, that worked. I assumed VLC would play the recordings natively. I didnt realize I had to convert them first. Kinda a PITA but still neat.

I thought it was 4:2:2 so I recorded some and tried to play it with VLC like others do and it didnt play.

Go to 107.3 and blind scan. there are about a half dozen just like it.

As mentioned they are broadcast in 4:2:2 VCL won't play them..However there is an Openbox PVR Tool that you could use to view them on your PC after you record them.

thanks guys, that worked. I assumed VLC would play the recordings natively. I didnt realize I had to convert them first. Kinda a PITA but still neat.

Yes it is a PITA, I'm not sure why they use that .DVR format. It probably has something to do with the way the receiver archives recordings, including thumbnails and other information. Just give me a good 'ol transport stream any day ;) ... Glad you got it working!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)