what is this error ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
This Episode was canceled because of an unexpected error (39)

how do you get that Error?

This Episode was canceled because of an unexpected error (39)

how do you get that Error?
As far as I know, error 39 indicates that when the DVR went to record a program, the guide data did not match what was expected.

Your signal strength - all 95+
What model of receiver? - HR34
SWM or legacy system? SWM
If SWM, SWM LNB or module? not sure but i think LNB

As far as I know, error 39 indicates that when the DVR went to record a program, the guide data did not match what was expected.
That is a good thought but wouldn't the non record error indicate a change in the guide data?

I asked the questions above because I have seen this once before and narrowed it down to an issue with SWM communication between a SWM module and an HR44. The setup I had was an HR44 on a SWM8 module with a KA/KU and 36". I couldn't find any explanation for the error code even after talking to a lower level engineering department. In addition to not recording some programs there were random channels that just showed a black screen on one of the C41s in the house.

I replaced the HR44 and after following up with the customer the problems had not reoccured.

Hopefully somebody will chime in with a resolution other than replacing.

Out of curiosity how often is this occuring on your recordings? It was happening on about half the recordings on the job I had.

I guess a problem with SWM (either at the SWM8 or the HR44) that caused the wrong transponder to be selected could give this error, because the program data from the channel would not match the expected data for a recording. And for a non-recording, a blank screen might result.

I guess a problem with SWM (either at the SWM8 or the HR44) that caused the wrong transponder to be selected could give this error, because the program data from the channel would not match the expected data for a recording. And for a non-recording, a blank screen might result.
Possibly, channels have been moved around a lot recently due to the removal of all channels from D14

tonight , i looked at my history and it twice more , once it got the repeat but the other one i need to watch it online

You can also go to the smart search and type CLEARMYBOX and press the red remote button. After a few seconds it should reboot. Does the same thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)