What is this under a la carte??!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
I just thought I would pass this along to anyone who may have a great interest in this:

In "My Account" under "My Programming" and "A La Carte," there is a box that can be checked for "Playboy en Espanol" for "$0.00." I have heard of this being offered with a DishLatino package or with the Latino Bonus Pack. I honestly do not know if you can do this with an American package, but it is letting me check the box. I did not add it since I would not want to go through some $20.00 fee to remove adult programming especially if the price goes up. It would seem like it should just be added to the package if it is free, but then, some customers would probably complain if they stumbled upon it or if their children stumbled upon it (which is reasonable).

In addition, it also looks like the superstations are $2.00 each. I thought they were $7.00 after the increase (since they were $5.00 before). There are a list of PBS stations, but I cannot check them probably since we already get two local PBS stations.

I wish they would make the locals optional again, specially since Fox will be gone next month.

Other than that I like the way they redesigned the site and the new options.

Something I dont think I understand is the termination fee. In the past you were penalized all the time, if I understood correctly, for example, if I've been an AT250 susbscriber for 3 months, can I downgrade to AT120 without being penalized? If thats the case, then thats quite an improvement.

Last edited:
I wish they would make the locals optional again, specially since Fox will be gone next month.

Something I dont think I understand is the termination fee. In the past you were penalized all the time, if I understood correctly, for example, if I've been an AT250 susbscriber for 3 months, can I downgrade to AT120 without being penalized? If thats the case, then thats quite an improvement.

Only the O & O FOX stations. If your Fox is not owned by the Fox corp then you won't loose them.

Only the O & O FOX stations. If your Fox is not owned by the Fox corp then you won't loose them.

So if your local Fox is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc like mine (Fox 35 Richmond, VA) then does that mean we are safe from this? Sinclair owns close to 60 TV stations and about a third of them are Fox stations (I think thats about right, but I won't swear by it). Will they jump on board (perhaps pressure from Fox Network) or are we safe since they are independant and our Fox isn't O & O (again, this is from what I understand - if I'm mistaken, please forgive me, I did TRY to do some "homework" before posting)?

I asked an online csr and they said you can take advantage of free playboy en espanol if you have the latinio bonus pack, dishlatino dos or dish latino max.

Wonder how long it will take for us non-latinos to get free Playboy. Ridiculous...

So if your local Fox is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc like mine (Fox 35 Richmond, VA) then does that mean we are safe from this? Sinclair owns close to 60 TV stations and about a third of them are Fox stations (I think thats about right, but I won't swear by it). Will they jump on board (perhaps pressure from Fox Network) or are we safe since they are independant and our Fox isn't O & O (again, this is from what I understand - if I'm mistaken, please forgive me, I did TRY to do some "homework" before posting)?

Maybe, I say that because someone reported that Fox is looking to get 70% from it's affiliate stations. If this is true then some big corp owned ones may tell Fox where to stick it.

Playboy!!! Boooooooooooooooo.... How about Hustler and the more stuff to see channels?

Yes you should be safe. Dish has to make a deal with Sinclair. Sinclair being an owner makes Fox in your market an affiliate. In the O&O markets like Minneapolis Fox owns it so Dish has to deal with Fox directly

Same thing happened 5 or 6 years ago when Dish lost Viacom channels like MTV and Nickeloden. There were 16 CBS stations that are owned by CBS (Boston, LA, NY, Minneapolis, Chicago etc) and they were dropped to

http://www.re-vision.com/spelling/looselose.html
looselose.html

I just tried the downgrade (AT200 from AT250) and wasn't penalized.
So it seems they relaxed the downgrade fee to "buyer's remorse" level.

After charging higher higher fees on all receivers (2nd receiver and up), of course, they need to cancel other fees to make up their raise. But, the high fees on all receivers is still high even when Dish cancel all programming downgrade fees (except the adult channels).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)