Blackout Games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

afgrider786

Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
california
I just got my dish installed today w/ the MultiSport package. I can watch these channels when there aren't any games on them, but can't when something's in process. It gives me Error 744. IS there anything I can do to fix this?

I just got my dish installed today w/ the MultiSport package. I can watch these channels when there aren't any games on them, but can't when something's in process. It gives me Error 744. IS there anything I can do to fix this?

You cannot watch out of market professional sports on the RSN's. You can only watch your local teams. You will be able to see most of the college games, though.

You could try the proven "move" technique. Off course, most likely you would be missing your locals and throwing $5.99 to the garbage.

Interesting thing is such blackouts don't apply to the superstations, at least for the handful of Yankees and Mets games.

Pretty much anything professional people cares about is blacked out if it is out of market.

The HD version of "Fox Sports South" in my area is basically useless. You can't see ANY programming ... ever. You can't even see what programs are coming up on the channel guide when you are using the HD version of Fox Sports South. You have to use the SD version of Fox Sports South to see the guide or any programming.

I did a lot of blocking of SD channels to get rid of duplicate channels about a year ago. I blocked out Fox Sports South in SD. Until I figured out that the HD version of Fox Sports South doesn't EVER work, I thought that I wasn't getting Fox Sports South at all. After lots of calls to Dish Network with clueless customer service people, I eventually unblocked Fox Sports South in SD, so at least I can watch that channel in SD now. The clueless Customer Service people kept saying that ALL of the programming on the HD version of Fox Sports South was just "blacked out" or whatever ... ALL the programming, even the fishing and hunting shows. All they had to do was tell me to check for "blocked out" channels in by settings.

It's better than nothing to get it in SD I guess, but you'd think that Dish Network could get Fox Sports South in HD since that's one of the main reasons people love their HDTVs ... to watch sports. I always thought that if you are watching an HD version of a channel it would somehow STILL show programs that were programmed in SD automatically. With Fox Sports South, apparently you gotta watch ONLY the SD version of the channel.

By the way, I discovered along the way that the best way to find out if your team is REALLY going to be on one of the channels you are subscribed to you need to go to this website called Dish Network "Game Finder" on this webpage. It's also called "Where's My Game".

Game Finder - DISH Network

Supposedly, all the listings on this database are accurate but you never know with Dish Network. They just might be dead wrong. You also never REALLY know if your game is going to be on until the day of the game because there is a bunch of "wheeling and dealing" with the sports networks buying "rights to the game" and all that. They might decide to change your game from your free subscribed channel to a $25 "pay per view" channel just an hour before game time so they can get more money out of you when you have a room full of people there to watch the game.

It's best to be dressed and ready to go to a sports bar by the time your game comes on. Never know if you are going to be ticked off when the game you THOUGHT was going to come on does NOT come on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)