What is with the beef between Braylon Edwards and Lebron James??!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
What a bunch of babies....and then playing this crap out in the media for all to see!

LeBron James: Braylon Edwards motivated by jealousy in alleged assault

11:15 PM

Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James spared no criticism on Monday when he scolded Browns receiver Braylon Edwards, whom a James friend accused on assault outside a Cleveland bar on Monday morning.

Alleging that Edwards was motivated by "jealousy," James said the Browns receiver does not know how to act in a manner befitting a mature professional athlete.

Among James' comments, via the Cleveland Plain-Dealer:

"I know how to handle myself as a professional athlete and I take care of my friends and my family. It is unfortunate that some guys don't understand that. You are a role model to kids and you should carry yourself that way on and off the field. And I carry that. I'm not going to do anything to jeopardize myself or my family. I'm one of the guys that look at being a professional athlete at more than just being out on the court."

James' friend, Edward Givens, accused Edwards of assaulting him on Monday morning. Edwards didn't comment on it Monday, but said on Twitter he respects and admires James.

Browns coach Eric Mangini said he will continue to gather information on the alleged incident. -- Sean Leahy

LeBron James: Braylon Edwards motivated by jealousy in alleged assault - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

Cleveland is now Team "thug" a position previously held by the 90's Cowboys. difference being the Cowboys were champions not chumps.

eric-mangini-21.jpg

It can't be 'team thug' with a coach like that.

However.... this guy looks like he's going to lay down a whoopin from time to time...

mike-tomlin-omar-epps.jpg

Mangini doesnt ever look like he's about to whoop anything, only w word he looks to be associated with is waffles.

Cleveland is now Team "thug" a position previously held by the 90's Cowboys. difference being the Cowboys were champions not chumps.

Do "thugs" pledge $1 million of their own money in academic scholarships to the Cleveland School District?

I suggest you school yourself on what your talking about before making such broad stroke judgments on a person. :rolleyes:

Braylon Edwards Foundation

Oh well then he can do whatever he wants then, cool!

You don't get it do you?

I am not making an apology for what he did. I explained my stance once already in one of the other 12 Braylon/Browns threads. (Forget which one).

Either way, my point was to say no one knows the full story. If someone gets in a scuffle for whatever reason (and it may very well have been a good one), is it any reason to call the guy a "thug", "gorilla", or some of the other outlandish statements made by V* today?

My answer is NO. Braylon has demonstrated in the past that he doesn't deserve the outlandish statements. This skirmish seems like an isolated incident. I do agree he should've handled himself better though, whatever the case.

Do "thugs" pledge $1 million of their own money in academic scholarships to the Cleveland School District?

I suggest you school yourself on what your talking about before making such broad stroke judgments on a person. :rolleyes:

Braylon Edwards Foundation

Perhaps he did it to make up for the Image of him getting off of that 120MPH speeding ticket? Thugs do try to clean up their image.

Or perhaps he needs a tax write off. thugs need those too, perhaps he is financially smart thug.

Just because you start a foundation doesnt necessarily mean squat and means even less when you are beating up 135 pound 5ft7 promoters

Frankly I take Lebrons word over Edwards anyday.

I do know one thing though. Thugs beat up and pick on smaller people than themselves.

Givens told the newspaper's Web site that he was outside greeting people when Edwards approached him.
"Braylon comes up and started saying things, degrading me," Givens said. "He said if it wasn't for LeBron [James] or the Four Horsemen [James' friends and business partners], I wouldn't have what I have, nor would I be able to get girls. Everyone knows Braylon has a problem with LeBron.

"I had to speak up for myself. The conversation started to escalate. As some of his teammates started to pull him back, he punched me. As long as I've known Braylon, I've allowed him and his friends to come into our events free of charge. Whatever jealousy he has with LeBron, he felt he needed to take it out on me."

The immensely talented Edwards, who is in the final year of his contract with Cleveland, has been a headache for much of his time with the Browns. While recovering from a foot injury -- he cut his heel running in his socks after practice -- last year, he was pulled over in his Bentley for driving 120 mph in a 65 mph zone.

He has dropped passes, criticized Cleveland's play-calling, argued with teammates and famously took a helicopter to the Ohio State-Michigan game in 2006 despite being told not to go.

Edwards was also out partying in March with teammate Donte' Stallworth, who later that night struck and killed a a 59-year-old pedestrian while driving drunk in Miami. Stallworth has been suspended for the season.
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4534215"]LeBron James: Cleveland Browns WR Braylon Edwards 'childish' for alleged fight - ESPN[/ame]

Wow the man let him in free and he repays him with a fist in the eye.

Last edited:
That's certainly changed THIS decade..............hasn't it now? ;)
no they still contend every year unlike the Brownies. When was the last time the Browns got close to going anywhere? Brian Sipe? Byner dropping the ball on the goal line? I cant remember

stay on topic guys, please. thanks.
How am I not on topic by showing a pattern of bad behavior of Mr Edwards? This thread is not about the alleged assualt and past behavior has no bearing on it?

He was with Stallworth the night of his dirty deed
He was pulled over for 120 in a 65
and now slugged a mini 135 lbs man out of a jealousy??

Or was it HD_M's inability to deal with reality and his constant whining?

Mr Edwards needs some help obviously.

He is associating himself with TROUBLE and ruining his image.

Heck he will be an Eagle soon. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)