What is your current phone?

Don't get the otterbox for the Nexus that Verizon sells, it's complete garbage. Made the touchscreen feel like the $80 android tablet my mom bought from kmart.

lol..this is a true statement...how do I know? my phone has been in the otterbox since day one :) I need heavy duty protection for my phones...I like to take them out to the treestand to hunt and they have to survive rain and moisture (not direct contact just when I pull it out to text or check a game score)

Still rocking my Motorola Photon... Great phone, not so much on the dev front.

Patiently awaiting ICS on the Transformer Prime (8 days before rollout begins) and the Photon as well.

that didnt last long, galaxy nexus is going back...sorry I went to download some programs I used and it says....this isnt compatiable with your phone...plus I really forgot how much I am in the apple ecosystem...I use Keynote remote on my iphone, nothing like that for presentations.

I am not giving up my EVO as long as the devs keep updating the software. I have not seen a phone yet that makes me want to replace it. just not worth the money for anything that is out now.

I will say that I will look at ALL options when I next upgrade. Windows, android, iOS , and bb, but for now, with the 4s, my itch is scratched. Haven't had a phone for this amount of time when I wasn't looking at something else coming soon , closest was the windows phone (yeah, it's that good ). With this, for me, I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I will say that I will look at ALL options when I next upgrade. Windows, android, iOS , and bb, but for now, with the 4s, my itch is scratched. Haven't had a phone for this amount of time when I wasn't looking at something else coming soon , closest was the windows phone (yeah, it's that good ). With this, for me, I'm happy.

That's basically the boat I was in when the 4S announcement didn't meet my expectations, and ended up with my Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

As I walked through the Motorola booth at CES, taking pictures with my Galaxy Nexus... I really wanted to tell a rep 'ya know, if you would have come out with the Bionic when it was originally due I'd be using it to take pictures right now'. A year ago last week I got to use one at their CES booth... it then wasn't released until September.

For me it will be between iphone and windows phone, unless android does some serious wowing, they just dont have the support or upgrades that both ios or windows offers. Plus I think windows 8 tablet and phone combo would be unbeatable as a mobile work place...ios and ipad have it now it will be interesting to see how windows tries to leap frog them!

For me it will be between iphone and windows phone, unless android does some serious wowing, they just dont have the support or upgrades that both ios or windows offers. Plus I think windows 8 tablet and phone combo would be unbeatable as a mobile work place...ios and ipad have it now it will be interesting to see how windows tries to leap frog them!
I agree for the most part.
The potential for integration in an iOS way will be a huge asset for windows. I just hope they do it right. From what I have seen and read, it appears they are on the right track.

stuart and psmith:

I think you are both crazy...

Every successive Windows Mobile is the one that's going to break them into the big time in the phone business. We're still waiting.

Also, I don't know what you are talking about with slow updates. ICS is the 7th publically available version of android (Started with C/Cupcake, we're at I/Ice Cream Sandwich) in less than 4 years. If you're talking about the vendors, that's a seperate issue.

With ICS, android now has a combined, coherent architecture to go forward.

The market will show us, but given Androids dominant worldwide phone share (> 50% of smartphones worldwide) I don't see MS getting any more than 3rd place.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

stuart and psmith:

I think you are both crazy...

Every successive Windows Mobile is the one that's going to break them into the big time in the phone business. We're still waiting.

Also, I don't know what you are talking about with slow updates. ICS is the 7th publically available version of android (Started with C/Cupcake, we're at I/Ice Cream Sandwich) in less than 4 years. If you're talking about the vendors, that's a seperate issue.

With ICS, android now has a combined, coherent architecture to go forward.

The market will show us, but given Androids dominant worldwide phone share (> 50% of smartphones worldwide) I don't see MS getting any more than 3rd place.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

You cant seperate the issue sadly as everyone that has bought a andorid phone from verizon (except maybe the galaxy nexus) will always have slow updates and rely on htc or motorola to put stuff out because of their skins...not so with ios and windows...also windows phone what I am looking at is their innovation and what factors suit me, I could care less if android is more popular then windows phone or ios...if it has the features I need and desire then thats what I will use ( for a couple weeks or a month or two till I get the itch again, lol )

You cant seperate the issue sadly as everyone that has bought a andorid phone from verizon (except maybe the galaxy nexus) will always have slow updates and rely on htc or motorola to put stuff out because of their skins...not so with ios and windows...also windows phone what I am looking at is their innovation and what factors suit me, I could care less if android is more popular then windows phone or ios...if it has the features I need and desire then thats what I will use ( for a couple weeks or a month or two till I get the itch again, lol )

If you are saying that each provider doesn't have their own version of windows then that must have changed from years past, because they sure used to have their own versions.

If you are saying that each provider doesn't have their own version of windows then that must have changed from years past, because they sure used to have their own versions.

I am saying the updates come from windows directly...at least it did on my htc trophy from verizon, I didnt have to wait for htc to load sense or anything like that on it....also for the most part ios and windows keep the software on the phones up to date, to the point where if you have a two year contract your phone should last the full two years...not like android where some are dead on arrival as far as updates and features.

If I may comment..

First off, Windows Phones have a LOOOOOOONG way to go before they are to be taken seriously. Microsoft has a lot of negative vibes to shake off before people even CONSIDER buying them. I think if you took a poll most people would rather have a BB at this point than deal with a Microsoft phone. I'm not saying that they will never be a competitor, but I would not expect their rise to be as quick or as graceful as Google's was.

Speaking of, as far as Android phone updates go, I'm not sure why you singled out Verizon and didn't mention any of the other carriers. Is Verizon infamous for having slow updates or something? I can't speak to them because I am an AT&T user, but as an outsider who frequents tech news sites quite often I constantly see release updates from Verizon but rarely see them from other carriers except maybe for Sprint. Also, you failed to mention that one of the perks of Android is that you're not held back by your carrier in terms of updates. If you really don't feel like waiting for your carrier you can easily root your phone (in most cases) and install any ROM you want. I have a Skyrocket that has Gingerbread on it but I can install ICS if I wanted to right now. Yes, you void the warranty, but it's rather easy to hide your tracks so they don't notice.

I have the Sgs2 Skyrocket. After experiencing LTE its hard to thinking of getting a phone with out it. After having the iPhone 4 for six months it was nice until Apple refused replacement I moved on. There is the chance I would go back but I am unsure. If not for tiling I may consider Windows again?