What is your current phone?

Considering getting a Galaxy Nexus, or the Galaxy 3. (or sticking with the iphone)

On one hand, the 3 looks great, and is newer, but on the other, the specs on the american version are pretty much the same, and the Nexus is "vanilla" and will most likely get updates first for a while. Plus I can probably snag one slightly cheaper.

Thoughts?

Considering getting a Galaxy Nexus, or the Galaxy 3. (or sticking with the iphone)

On one hand, the 3 looks great, and is newer, but on the other, the specs on the american version are pretty much the same, and the Nexus is "vanilla" and will most likely get updates first for a while. Plus I can probably snag one slightly cheaper.

Thoughts?
Absolutely correct! If it was not for the American versions being so stripped down i would have gotten a Galaxy 3. However i LOVE my MAXX and this battery is insane!

Absolutely correct! If it was not for the American versions being so stripped down i would have gotten a Galaxy 3. However i LOVE my MAXX and this battery is insane!

I have considered a Maxx for the battery life alone.

Still may not do this, but the wife wants more storage (I got her a 8 gb Iphone 4), so I am thinking about giving her my Iphone 4s, and trying something different.

I have considered a Maxx for the battery life alone.

Still may not do this, but the wife wants more storage (I got her a 8 gb Iphone 4), so I am thinking about giving her my Iphone 4s, and trying something different.

You know that you will do it. You want (need) to make the wife happy. :)

I have gone to the One X and love it. It was a huge improvement over the older Android phones that I had used in the past both on performance and battery life.

Thoughts?

I would recommend the S3. ..but that's just me...:D

I would recommend the S3. ..but that's just me...:D
The price to outright buy it is what is probably going to hold me back on this one. I am looking at $600+ for the s3 versus $300+ for a lightly used Nexus. Hard to justify it for the same basic specs.

If I were getting a subsidized price I might reconsider.

Just bought a Galaxy Nexus on Ebay.

Going to be going old school with the OG Droid until it gets here though, as my wife will be getting my 4s, and her iphone 4 ships out this evening.

Last edited:
msmith198025 said:

Going to be going old school with the OG Droid until it gets here though, as my wife will be getting my 4s, and her iphone 4 ships out this evening.

Welcome to the cool club population you and me....I am working on jackets...let me ask you do you like dragons And tigers?

Got my wife one last week, but because T-Mobile is slow as s*it in getting us their cards and such we still haven't got it up and running on their network. We're switching from her HORRIFIC Samsung Intercept on Virgin Mobile to Nexus on T-Mobile. I'm actually a bit jealous as she has the Flagship Google phone and I'm stuck with the Samsung Skyrocket, which has the main selling point of being an LTE phone, but alas, I am STILL not in an LTE market..

I have heard some bad things out of the galaxy nexus with the CDMA chipset. Apparently they used a knockoff licensed baseband chipset instead of one from Qualcomm. It has been causing reception issues.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge