What is your current phone?

Nice, Rey! I liked the Blue better. Which memory size did you get?

I'm impressed. 9hours 37min on battery, and still 28 % left.

Nice, Rey! I liked the Blue better. Which memory size did you get?

I'm impressed. 9hours 37min on battery, and still 28 % left.
battery life is great! I got the 16 since I already had a 32gb card

giving the Nexus a try once again. The signal meter definitely reads lower than the Rezound, but seems higher than the previous Nexus.

Forgot how much I liked this phone and vanilla android. Everything is just "that" much better and quicker than my rezound with sense or any aftermarket launcher for that matter. Of course we are talking different versions of android but in my experience the unskinnned versions are always snappier.

Hope this reception holds up.

Sent from my galaxy nexus using Tapatalk 2

msmith198025 said:
Forgot how much I liked this phone and vanilla android. Everything is just "that" much better and quicker than my rezound with sense or any aftermarket launcher for that matter. Of course we are talking different versions of android but in my experience the unskinnned versions are always snappier.

Hope this reception holds up.

Sent from my galaxy nexus using Tapatalk 2
I agree that's why I put cm10 on the gsIII :)

Nah, it's just you Rey. ;):D

You wear skinny jeans?

Angry-homer.gif

Well, apparently SERO plan members can no longer pickup a phone at a local company store...had to order my phone directly from the Sprint Employee number. Anyway, I ordered an HTC EVO 4G LTE which will arrive early next week. I'll be able to use it in Dallas (I hope in my neck of the woods) and in Washington DC in the coming weeks (I hope). Looking forward to the 12Mb downloads and much more reliable coverage than WiMax...until everyone has an LTE phone and the downloads will revert to 3G-like speeds. :eek:

Not sure who told you that. Walked in the store on the EVO LTE launch day and bought mine on SERO. The wife did the same thing when she got her galaxy 3.

Also I don't think we will see the speeds slow like the 3g did. Sprint has room to add additional LTE carriers later when needed. And they are using some fat backhaul to the tower now.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Not sure who told you that. Walked in the store on the EVO LTE launch day and bought mine on SERO. The wife did the same thing when she got her galaxy 3.

Also I don't think we will see the speeds slow like the 3g did. Sprint has room to add additional LTE carriers later when needed. And they are using some fat backhaul to the tower now.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Apparently not all the Sprint Corporate Stores are created equal and this particular store (I was in a rural area) could not process my order and I was in no mood to make a 20-mile drive to another larger store that could handle SERO activations. Regardless, Sprint overnighted my new phone and it's now in my grubby mitts since I'm working from home today. I'll activate it and transfer my stuff after it's charged. :)

Unfortunately, I won't be seeing much LTE for a couple months but the existing WiMax deployment does a pretty poor job of penetrating building so it's no big loss. My WiMax speeds were blazing fast when I first got my EVO, but the coverage was still spotty (in-and-out of 4G driving through the city), it didn't penetrate buildings very well, and the speeds slowed considerably after the first six months to the point where it often wasn't much faster than 3G. I'm not sure if that was in my particular location, but I can only assume Sprint stopped adding WiMax capacity in my area when they decided to build-out LTE.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Sprint is devoting more resources to LTE... :)

Apparently not all the Sprint Corporate Stores are created equal
this is accurate. i go to one in particular 50 miles north as they will bend backwards for me while two other stores tell me "these things can't be done". this store in pembroke has even given me an upgrade a few months before i was due.

this is accurate. i go to one in particular 50 miles north as they will bend backwards for me while two other stores tell me "these things can't be done". this store in pembroke has even given me an upgrade a few months before i was due.

Yep, I didn't have any problem getting SERO upgrades at our Sprint Store, but this particular "small" Corporate store didn't know how to deal with them. I supposed I could have pressed the issue, but I certainly didn't want them screwing up my SERO account (i.e., accidentally moving me to a commercial account at $30 more per month).

Anyway, my current phone is now the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Great phone...just need some LTE. :p