What is your current phone?

I'm not sure if that was in my particular location, but I can only assume Sprint stopped adding WiMax capacity in my area when they decided to build-out LTE.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Sprint is devoting more resources to LTE... :)

That was all Clear doing the WiMax thing. I heard the same thing as well about some areas. I never really had an wimax coverage. I have a couple of spectrum protection sites some what near me, but they usually located them in the hood so I didn't get to use them.

Who here thinks these phones are getting too big? Although slimmer and lighter than my old HTC EVO 4G, the 4G LTE version is too large IMO...it's like a wearing a tablet connected to the holster on my belt. Is this what we have to look forward to?

11410662-tablet-phone-ad-002.jpg

Give me one of your old ones.
They are all gone. Sent the Nexus to a fellow sat guys phone whore (probably an easy guess), and dropped the rezound in the mail a few minutes ago on its way to its new owner.

I do not think that most of them are too big "yet", but there is a limit, and we are not far from it with the G3 IMO.

Congrats, Msmith. I think you'll like it. I love mine :)
I am pleased with it so far. My only "complaint", and this seems to be a constant among samsung android devices (that I have had anyway) is the flimsiness (or feel anyway) of the materials used in construction. It just feels like you could look at it wrong and it would break. lol. Of course a case fixes that, but the slickness of the plastics just comes across as less than ideal in my mind, and a little cheap in comparison.

The look of the phone is gorgeous though.

I am pleased with it so far. My only "complaint", and this seems to be a constant among samsung android devices (that I have had anyway) is the flimsiness (or feel anyway) of the materials used in construction. It just feels like you could look at it wrong and it would break. lol. Of course a case fixes that, but the slickness of the plastics just comes across as less than ideal in my mind, and a little cheap in comparison.

i felt like that when i first got the GS2. after dropping it on concrete without a case and not even see a scratch i stopped worrying about it.

I do not think that most of them are too big "yet", but there is a limit, and we are not far from it with the G3 IMO.
The G3 feels just right to me. In fact, another .2 inches for an even 5 woulda been just fine.

I don't understand that complaint, personally. It feels no flimsier than my iPhone 3G did. It feels a little sturdier and less plasticky then my recent Galaxy Nexus.

i felt like that when i first got the GS2. after dropping it on concrete without a case and not even see a scratch i stopped worrying about it.
I dropped my s3 twice on my 2nd or 3rd day, once from chest height and once from lap height. Nothing happened to it at all. But, it did prompt me to put a case on it, with a hard back and rubber bumper around the complete edge. I had to pay full price for this thing after smashing my 7 month-old Galaxy Nexus. I do not want to do that again.

The G3 feels just right to me. In fact, another .2 inches for an even 5 woulda been just fine.

I don't understand that complaint, personally. It feels no flimsier than my iPhone 3G did. It feels a little sturdier and less plasticky then my recent Galaxy Nexus.

I dropped my s3 twice on my 2nd or 3rd day, once from chest height and once from lap height. Nothing happened to it at all. But, it did prompt me to put a case on it, with a hard back and rubber bumper around the complete edge. I had to pay full price for this thing after smashing my 7 month-old Galaxy Nexus. I do not want to do that again.
Oh the size is fine to me as well, and an even five would most likely be okay as well if the phone dimensions were not way bigger.

Honestly i was thinking that the nexus felt sturdier.

In any case, Neither of them come close to the build quality of the rezound i had or any of the various motorolas either. Or the iphone 4s. Imo anyway.

Not a huge deal as i keep mine in a case. Without one, in my work, it wouldnt last a day without being at least scratched all up.

And ouch on the full price.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ha, I had it in a case as well.

That said it felt far more well built to me. Never was an issue.

Oh the size is fine to me as well, and an even five would most likely be okay as well if the phone dimensions were not way bigger.

Honestly i was thinking that the nexus felt sturdier.

In any case, Neither of them come close to the build quality of the rezound i had or any of the various motorolas either. Or the iphone 4s. Imo anyway.

Not a huge deal as i keep mine in a case. Without one, in my work, it wouldnt last a day without being at least scratched all up.

And ouch on the full price.

i used to say the same thing when i had HTC phones but no more. these phones are fine and i prefer the lighter feeling now.

I have noticed that the LTE radio seems to be stronger in the GS3 than in the Nexus or the Rezound. Isnt it built into the SOC?

Man, the nerve of some people. I got the GS3 from a guy with a trade, plus me making up the difference after I get his phone. Well I just got the thing yesterday, and he has had my phone for a week. What have I heard constantly since the phone hit my hand?

Where is my money?
Hey, when are you going to send that money?

Hey, *** ****, I DO know where you live. Send me the money NOW, or else!!!!!!!!!!!!

These were just a few of the messages that this "guy" sent me.

So I finally sent him the money just to shut him up.