What is your current phone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Consumer Cellular as follows:

Me - LG G6
Backup - LG G3
Wife - ZTE CC Link II flip phone
House - Z723EL wireless base connected to a set of Panasonic KX-TGD532W Dect 6 wireless phones

iPhone 13 on Cricket.
Mrs. Foxbat - iPhone XS on T-Mobile

Wow...first page of this old thread was a walk down memory lane (devices and some of the users). Would have been hard to imagine today's hardware in comparison to what we were carrying when this thread started. That said, kinda miss the excitement around new phones we still had back then.

Today, I'm running an S20+. Part of me likes the thought of the upcoming S22 Ultra/Note to replace it, but at the same time, not excited at carrying a phone even larger than what I have now, which is bordering on too heavy for my taste. Sadly, the regular S22 models just look like another rehash of the same ole same ole.

Reactions: Foxbat
Wow...first page of this old thread was a walk down memory lane (devices and some of the users). Would have been hard to imagine today's hardware in comparison to what we were carrying when this thread started. That said, kinda miss the excitement around new phones we still had back then.

Today, I'm running an S20+. Part of me likes the thought of the upcoming S22 Ultra/Note to replace it, but at the same time, not excited at carrying a phone even larger than what I have now, which is bordering on too heavy for my taste. Sadly, the regular S22 models just look like another rehash of the same ole same ole.
I love seeing how many people were using the HTC Evo. I was a big part of the amateur development on that device. I think I still have a link to the guide I wrote for rooting and modifying the Evo on my XDA profile

Reactions: MSEman and DWS44
I love seeing how many people were using the HTC Evo. I was a big part of the amateur development on that device. I think I still have a link to the guide I wrote for rooting and modifying the Evo on my XDA profile
The Evo really was the OG for Android, IMO. Being a Sprint guy at the time, I was in on early pre-order and was waiting when the store opened to pick up on launch day. Loved that thing. Over time, it was really sad to see HTC go from such a major player in early Android days to basically dying off entirely. I rode HTC all through the various "One" models before finally dumping them (and Sprint) and moving to Samsung with the S6 Edge, a phone that made anything HTC was still offering at the time look embarrassing.

The Evo really was the OG for Android, IMO. Being a Sprint guy at the time, I was in on early pre-order and was waiting when the store opened to pick up on launch day. Loved that thing. Over time, it was really sad to see HTC go from such a major player in early Android days to basically dying off entirely. I rode HTC all through the various "One" models before finally dumping them (and Sprint) and moving to Samsung with the S6 Edge, a phone that made anything HTC was still offering at the time look embarrassing.
I was just talking to a customer about how great the HTC Phones were. The Nexus 6 was my last real beast of a phone. SInce then, I haven't rooted or been able to thanks to carrier restrictions any of my devices. It's sad, really, thinking about how involved I was

AT&T Samsung Note 20 Ultra after owning every Note so far, the Note series is dead. I am tempted to upgrade to the Samsung Fold, but I am very reluctant. Samsung only has a one-year warranty and they drop support like a rock! Even during that year supports not easy. In the past couple of years their phones build quality has gone down. Still its a good choice my second choice would be a Motorola.

Consumer Cellular as follows:

Me - LG G6
Backup - LG G3
Wife - ZTE CC Link II flip phone
House - Z723EL wireless base connected to a set of Panasonic KX-TGD532W Dect 6 wireless phones

Update as follows:

Me - OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Backup - LG G6

The Nord N10 5G is a great phone and the battery is amazing. With moderate use I can get up to 5 days before charging is necessary. Note, I do not play games or watch movies on it which plays into the battery life but still, it is far and away better than any phone I've had before. Still on CC but thinking of switching, possibly to Mint.

AT&T Samsung Note 20 Ultra after owning every Note so far, the Note series is dead. I am tempted to upgrade to the Samsung Fold, but I am very reluctant. Samsung only has a one-year warranty and they drop support like a rock! Even during that year supports not easy. In the past couple of years their phones build quality has gone down. Still its a good choice my second choice would be a Motorola.
Power users might consider an ASUS or MSI