What is your current phone?

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
With all of the phone whores out there (myself included), many have switched phones and I was kind of wondering what everybody's current phone choice is.

Mine is the HTC Inspire 4G on AT&T. The phone got better this weekend as I was able to get my unlimited data plan back that I lost on my brief Sprint expedition.

I use and like very well the Samsung Epic on the Sprint network.
The Epic was the second of the 4G phones from Sprint, this one has a Physical Keyboard .... the reason I got it instead of the EVO.

I love my evo. I had an epic but sprint took too long to get 2.2 on it. I find that I wasn't using the physical keyboard as much as I thought I would. SwiftKey or swype work very well for me.

I love my evo. I had an epic but sprint took too long to get 2.2 on it. I find that I wasn't using the physical keyboard as much as I thought I would. SwiftKey or swype work very well for me.

See, now I was just the opposite... always use the physical keyboard, never had much luck with the virtual keyboard, fat fingers I guess.

iPhone 3GS. Will stay with this phone unless the iPhone 5 is something spectacular or until it dies

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
JAG72 said:
With all of the phone whores out there (myself included), many have switched phones and I was kind of wondering what everybody's current phone choice is.

Mine is the HTC Inspire 4G on AT&T. The phone got better this weekend as I was able to get my unlimited data plan back that I lost on my brief Sprint expedition.

ATT allows unlimited data on 4G phones? Or is that unlimited 3G data and tiered 4G service? I ask because I currently have unlimited 3G data and tiered 4G seemed like the most likely occurrence if I switched to a 4G phone.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

dangue said:
ATT allows unlimited data on 4G phones? Or is that unlimited 3G data and tiered 4G service? I ask because I currently have unlimited 3G data and tiered 4G seemed like the most likely occurrence if I switched to a 4G phone.

They do allow unlimited 4G if you were on the unlimited 3g plan.

JAG72 said:
They do allow unlimited 4G if you were on the unlimited 3g plan.

Wow, that is extremely surprising. It makes me want to get a 4G phone now just to be grandfathered in to that set up before they go and change it (presumably once 4G is properly rolled out).

OG DROID! I have unlimited data on all my Droids. I want dual core so i am looking at two new phones the Bionic or the Droid x squared. 4g is not in my area but i do travel but not that big of a factor for me.

Wow, that is extremely surprising. It makes me want to get a 4G phone now just to be grandfathered in to that set up before they go and change it (presumably once 4G is properly rolled out).

Remember right now they do not have any special 4G plan. You are either limited or unlimited. The plans are for all phones. Only phone that is special is the iPhone 2G version as it only has a $20 unlimited data plan.

Galaxy Showcase on Cellular South.
I will have it until they roll out the LTE network this year and those sets become available.

Keep in mind, a 4G smart phone (Sprint) will cost you an addl. $ 10 p/m because of the ability of it to get 4G.