What is your current phone?

Wait. You actually pay attention to the color of your phone? I stick mine in an otterbox.

Yep. Even with a case I still know what is underneath.

I have an Otterbox as well but it's ridiculously large and impracticable for everyday use for most people. I'll slap mine on when I go hunting, etc, but other than that it'll be in a Seidio.

Yes, these new phones are a bit on the slippery side and I still don't like this big screen fad. Give me the EVO specs in a 4.3" screen and I'd be more than happy. We went from trying to get phones as small as possible to having miniature tablets that nobody can carry around comfortably or securely.

Yep. Even with a case I still know what is underneath.

I have an Otterbox as well but it's ridiculously large and impracticable for everyday use for most people. I'll slap mine on when I go hunting, etc, but other than that it'll be in a Seidio.

Yes, these new phones are a bit on the slippery side and I still don't like this big screen fad. Give me the EVO specs in a 4.3" screen and I'd be more than happy. We went from trying to get phones as small as possible to having miniature tablets that nobody can carry around comfortably or securely.

Whatever turns your crank, I guess. I have my Galaxy SII Skyrocket with a 4.5" screen in an Otterbox, and I love it. I only take it out of the Otterbox when I clean the screen. (Yes, dust does still get in there) The screen size isn't an isse. I find it quite comfortable. I would love a bit larger screen. Had the Galaxy Note been out when I bought mine, I would have seriously considered it, except that it doesn't have removable storage.

I've owned my first HTC phone for a couple of weeks now, it is a Rezound with Verizon.

I've always been a Motorola guy, so was hesitant. However, I've been quite pleased so far. The Rezound has a great screen and good sound quality for phone calls, both with and without speakerphone enabled. Signal strength seems to be on a par with Motorola. I'm getting used to going through the security screen every time I use it, but that's not too challenging. With the Motorolas, I just disabled that.

The Rezound does not push email/gmail consistently but is adequate. I never had that issue with the Motorola Droid X. However, in the time I've owned this HTC, it has not locked up or frozen a single time. The Droid X froze at least once a week and sometimes more.

FoxFi does not work in hotspot mode with this HTC, but I'm hoping it will when ICS is released for the device.

I know this is not a scientific review, just rambling thoughts. Overall, I'm happy with the HTC Rezound so far.

Hmm, it appears that I am going to sell the Galaxy Nexus :( (because of reception). Already had one customer call the office after he tried the cell unsuccessfully several times.

Still looking at the Galaxy s3, but being out of contract looks like would have to put around $700 in a phone, and I am not really wanting to do that.

My other two options are the Maxx, and the Rezound. I know a few here have those, so thoughts on them? Things you like? Dont like?

Can I say it? :). That's the knock off licensed cdma baseband that is very crappy in the nexus.

The Maxx works good from what I hear. Motorola usually does a good job on the RF side of things. They've been doing it long enough.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Well, I decided to go with the Rezound. Found a better deal on it than the Maxx, otherwise I would have gone that direction.

I also believe that because of the separate radios used in the Rezound, you can use the voice and data features simultaneously. That's something that Motorola doesn't offer yet on Verizon.

Well, I decided to go with the Rezound. Found a better deal on it than the Maxx, otherwise I would have gone that direction.

Rezound is a VERY solid phone, my wife has one now after her iphone crapped out on her and it has some of the best pictures, also reception is good...just make sure you get a extended battery...also on the camera it has tounge detection mode, snaps the picture when your tounge is out, should be good for you Todd :) lol

I just swapped from the Evo 4G LTE to the Samsung Galaxy SIII (Pebble Blue/32G). I like the one filesystem of the SIII. Still loading all my cr** (apps, etc) onto it.

I just swapped from the Evo 4G LTE to the Samsung Galaxy SIII (Pebble Blue/32G). I like the one filesystem of the SIII. Still loading all my cr** (apps, etc) onto it.

Did your Evo also have simultaneous voice and data? Or, is it just the Rezound?

Rezound is a VERY solid phone, my wife has one now after her iphone crapped out on her and it has some of the best pictures, also reception is good...just make sure you get a extended battery...also on the camera it has tounge detection mode, snaps the picture when your tounge is out, should be good for you Todd :) lol
LOL! That would be a handy feature for me.

I really wish I could get better reception with the nexus, as it is very solid. I expect that the Rezound will fit my needs fine.....for now. lol

Once the price on the s3 comes down a bit to outright buy one I may check them out, and then Ill be looking at my upgrade.

Why did you switch? From what I could see the Samsung doesn't really have anything that your Evo LTE didn't have.

Why did you switch? From what I could see the Samsung doesn't really have anything that your Evo LTE didn't have.
32G internal memory (as ONE filesystem), and Google Wallet works, as well as 2G ram for apps to run in.

The Evo 4G LTE has 16G. divided up as 2.08G for /data, and 11 or so as an internal SD Card (sux), and 1G ram.