What is your current phone?

Elaborate.

Not all of them have the capabilities of doing both phone calls and internet at the same time. I don't remember what it is exactly but I do know not all 4G phones have that capabilities. The Thunderbolt was the first to do it.

Not all of them have the capabilities of doing both phone calls and internet at the same time. I don't remember what it is exactly but I do know not all 4G phones have that capabilities. The Thunderbolt was the first to do it.

I thought it was more carrier limited at first rather than any lack of capability by the phone itself, but I may be mistaken.

It's my understanding that it is dependent on the radio. HTC uses a twin receiver radio (Qualcomm, I believe) which gives it simultaneous voice/data capabilities. If I'm not mistaken, the new Samsung SIII is using the same radio. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, just going by what I've read.

Well, the Rezound came in today, and good looking phone, but wouldnt you know it. It takes a different sim card than the Nexus, so, once again, I must wait. yay.....lol

It's my understanding that it is dependent on the radio. HTC uses a twin receiver radio (Qualcomm, I believe) which gives it simultaneous voice/data capabilities. If I'm not mistaken, the new Samsung SIII is using the same radio. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, just going by what I've read.

Yes, the Samsung SIII is using the MSM8960 (same as HTC Evo 4G LTE), and can do SVDO and SVLTE (the Simultaneous voice/data).

I love my SIII :)

I was pretty sure that all LTE devices were full IP when in an LTE area. The issue would be moot. When in an EVDO area, well that's a different matter.

I was pretty sure that all LTE devices were full IP when in an LTE area. The issue would be moot. When in an EVDO area, well that's a different matter.

My Thunderbolt could do it even in a 3G EVDO area. I could talk on the phone and surf the internet.

Finally got the sim card and activated the rezound. Nice phone. Great screen, even better than the iPhone 4s I had in that regard.

Miss the nexus somewhat. I am sure the more time I spend with this the more ill like it.

My Thunderbolt could do it even in a 3G EVDO area. I could talk on the phone and surf the internet.

That was my point. Simultaneous voice and data is part of the LTE specs. By definition, if you have an LTE phone in an LTE area you will have simultaneous voice and data.

OK maybe I missed something but I don't see what being part of the LTE specs and being able to use the feature in an LTE area, has anything to do with having that feature on a phone in a 3G non LTE area.

OK maybe I missed something but I don't see what being part of the LTE specs and being able to use the feature in an LTE area, has anything to do with having that feature on a phone in a 3G non LTE area.
You are not alone. lol

And a quick call to Verizon and they are replacing for free under warranty, I am surprised, I figured being bought on Ebay I would be on my own. Good job Big Red!

nothing, BUT, it's likely, IMO, that SVDO or similar would be on a Dual-Use (EVDO/LTE) phone.