What is your current phone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK maybe I missed something but I don't see what being part of the LTE specs and being able to use the feature in an LTE area, has anything to do with having that feature on a phone in a 3G non LTE area.

Let's recap then.

All of the 4G phones are capable of this if in 4G coverage area.

No they don't

Elaborate.

Not all of them have the capabilities of doing both phone calls and internet at the same time. I don't remember what it is exactly but I do know not all 4G phones have that capabilities. The Thunderbolt was the first to do it.

I was pretty sure that all LTE devices were full IP when in an LTE area. The issue would be moot. When in an EVDO area, well that's a different matter.

The claim was made that not all 4G phones could do simultaneous voice and data. I refuted that. Make sense?

Odd occurrence. Was going home about an hour ago, and remember, my town is in the middle of rural MS, when I glanced at my phone and say the signal indicating 4G LTE. I said, wait, that has to be a glitch, so I pulled out the speedtest app, ran it, and surprisingly hit speeds close to 10Mbps down, which is obviously not 3g (I dont care how you want to define the terms, you know what I mean). Well, a few seconds later, it dropped back to indicating 3G, then 1X. Ten minutes later, the 4G indicator was back again.

So wonder what the deal is? A network glitch? Which I find hard to believe. The towers would have had to be upgraded, and if they were, I have heard nothing of it, and why not turn them on?

Again, closest city to me with LTE is approx 50-60 miles (mobile, al or Biloxi, Ms), so I was not picking up a stray signal from a surrounding area.

Odd occurrence. Was going home about an hour ago, and remember, my town is in the middle of rural MS, when I glanced at my phone and say the signal indicating 4G LTE. I said, wait, that has to be a glitch, so I pulled out the speedtest app, ran it, and surprisingly hit speeds close to 10Mbps down, which is obviously not 3g (I dont care how you want to define the terms, you know what I mean). Well, a few seconds later, it dropped back to indicating 3G, then 1X. Ten minutes later, the 4G indicator was back again.

So wonder what the deal is? A network glitch? Which I find hard to believe. The towers would have had to be upgraded, and if they were, I have heard nothing of it, and why not turn them on?

Again, closest city to me with LTE is approx 50-60 miles (mobile, al or Biloxi, Ms), so I was not picking up a stray signal from a surrounding area.

That's a special 4G LTE tower constructed specifically for Brett Favre and family. You just stumbled onto it.

The claim was made that not all 4G phones could do simultaneous voice and data. I refuted that. Make sense?

Your still missing my point.

My Thunderbolt could do it even in a 3G EVDO area. I could talk on the phone and surf the internet.

That was my point. Simultaneous voice and data is part of the LTE specs. By definition, if you have an LTE phone in an LTE area you will have simultaneous voice and data.

Ramy stated that he could do voice and data in a 3G area and then you came back with that is your point. How is your point of being part of the LTE specs and being able to use voice and data simultaneous in a 3G area related. Doing that in a 3G only area is NOT part of the LTE specs.

You cut out the parts of the conversation in your answer to me.

Well a trip through town this morning and it held 4G the whole time, so it is not a glitch, and the phone is showing Verizon, not extended. Even hit 31Mbps down and 15 up. For the life of me I can not figure why they would turn it on in a town of 6,000 people before so many larger areas in our state alone, much less elsewhere.

Well a trip through town this morning and it held 4G the whole time, so it is not a glitch, and the phone is showing Verizon, not extended. Even hit 31Mbps down and 15 up. For the life of me I can not figure why they would turn it on in a town of 6,000 people before so many larger areas in our state alone, much less elsewhere.

If you'd like, I could call Verizon and complain. Maybe they'll take it down and move it to another small town, like the one I'm in. :)

The upgrade is fast when you only have one cell tower to deal with. ;)

Most likely they are in the process of adding the other cities as well but they won't turn it on until they have a large portion of the towers converted.

JAG72 said:
The upgrade is fast when you only have one cell tower to deal with. ;)

Most likely they are in the process of adding the other cities as well but they won't turn it on until they have a large portion of the towers converted.

Possible. I figure they are hitting the major highways and we have an intersection of two major US roads in town, well bypassing now that they four laned them. Just a guess.

Sent from my Rezound using SatelliteGuys

On the rezound , it is what I expect from htc when it comes to build quality. That is top knotch. They make great hardware. Sense is beautiful. Phone is very responsive, and absolutely wowed by the screen clarity.

Android coming from ios is gonna take getting used to again even though I had it before. I can tell that improvements have been made though.

On the rezound , it is what I expect from htc when it comes to build quality. That is top knotch. They make great hardware. Sense is beautiful. Phone is very responsive, and absolutely wowed by the screen clarity.

Android coming from ios is gonna take getting used to again even though I had it before. I can tell that improvements have been made though.

ICS was a huge improvement from previous versions and it is getting very very close to iOS.

They are adding 4G everywhere. My area as I have stated elsewhere is like DMA #70 or something and my town only has about 3k people.

One would think that they would update the coverage maps to reflect this. Looking at it, it appears that they only offer it in select cities, when it is more widespread than that.

It took them a month to update the map in my area.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Was able to upgrade to the GS3 in white for only $50 so why not....... VERY happy with it.