What is your current phone?

build quality has gone down. Still its a good choice my second choice would be a Motorola.

Here, try this sweet refreshing beverage….

iPhone XS Max. Might consider the 15 or 16. But I’m about to replace this battery so there’s no rush. And nothing in the 14 that interests me.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
AT&T Samsung Note 20 Ultra after owning every Note so far, the Note series is dead. I am tempted to upgrade to the Samsung Fold, but I am very reluctant. Samsung only has a one-year warranty and they drop support like a rock! Even during that year supports not easy. In the past couple of years their phones build quality has gone down. Still its a good choice my second choice would be a Motorola.
You being a Note guy, did you ever look at the S22 Ultra, since they basically turned the Ultra into a new "Note"? I had one for about 10 minutes, but it was just too big for my taste, so I returned it. Figured the Note guys would eat it up though. I held onto my S20+ for a while longer and it was about as big of a slab as I ever wanted to carry. Recently picked up a Flip4 for my first taste of the foldable life, though. It has some compromises after being used to a slab for years now, but overall I'm happy with it. Wanted a smaller footprint, though it will be nicer if they ever figure out how to make foldables thinner w/o killing the battery life.

You being a Note guy, did you ever look at the S22 Ultra, since they basically turned the Ultra into a new "Note"? I had one for about 10 minutes, but it was just too big for my taste, so I returned it. Figured the Note guys would eat it up though. I held onto my S20+ for a while longer and it was about as big of a slab as I ever wanted to carry. Recently picked up a Flip4 for my first taste of the foldable life, though. It has some compromises after being used to a slab for years now, but overall I'm happy with it. Wanted a smaller footprint, though it will be nicer if they ever figure out how to make foldables thinner w/o killing the battery life.
Well BestBuy screwed up my last upgrade in not adding the early upgrade option which is what I had done for years. I have 6 more months then I can figure it out. I did briefly but turned more to the Fold. The early Folds were having some issues. Now 4 Folds later its finally coming together.

Reactions: DWS44
My daughter has the S22 Ultra, coming from a Note 10+ and loves it. I haven't had much time to play with it, since she's 17 and incapable of removing it from her right hand, but she uses the stylus and some graphics apps to do Digital Art, like this:

1664273040504.png

My daughter has the S22 Ultra, coming from a Note 10+ and loves it. I haven't had much time to play with it, since she's 17 and incapable of removing it from her right hand, but she uses the stylus and some graphics apps to do Digital Art, like this:

View attachment 158686

Keep on her good side. She may pick out the home you may one day go to. And it looks like she may be able to pay for it!

Keep on her good side. She may pick out the home you may one day go to. And it looks like she may be able to pay for it!
That’s the plan! I told her that she better be really good at this because when she starts to peek in her career, I’m probably going to need an inlaw apartment attached to her house

Last edited:
That’s the plan! I told her that she better be really good at this because when she starts to peek in her career, I’m probably going to need a Inlaw apartment attached to her house
Artists' careers usually peak around 50 to 1000 years after their death. :)

• Haha
Reactions: HipKat
note 20 5G ultra tried and proven
z fold 3 tried and proven
no need to upgrade. i'll drive em till the wheels fall off and enjoy a lower bill:)!!!
nothing that's been released lately impresses me:amen
a google 6 pro that's a POS i can't belive it's a flagship phone:coco

note 20 5G ultra tried and proven
z fold 3 tried and proven
no need to upgrade. i'll drive em till the wheels fall off and enjoy a lower bill:)!!!
nothing that's been released lately impresses me:amen
a google 6 pro that's a POS i can't belive it's a flagship phone:coco
I have the P6P and it's garbage. The Pixel 7 is not an upgrade as it uses the same outdated Tensor chip and substandard camera. Google stopped being cutting edge wit the Nexus series. The Nexus 6 was an amazing device. I'm trying to figure out why I keep buying Pixels....

My work phone is an iPhone 12 and my personal phone is a Motorola Stylus 5G. The iPhone is fine but I prefer the Moto, it's a much better performer.

I can upgrade from the Pixel 6 Pro at Best Buy or Google and get a $200 Gift Card. Best Buy offers a $500 trade, $480 from Google (Their Gift Card is only good on the Google store).
The problem is, the P7P is not a massive upgrade. Most specs are the same.
Slightly better CPU, battery life, and display but new reports are that the display changes brightness in sunlight and just drains the battery.

On the other hand, if I hold out for the P8P, that would be a bigger jump, but the trade-in on my P6P would go way, way down. The P7P would have better equity on a trade-in for the P8P.

Meh, decisions, decisions....

Samsung Note 20+ on AT&T Samsung has really gone cheap and do not fully support their devices. AT&T has good cell coverage at my home and could be a lot better customer service at high prices.

Mine will be delivered tomorrow! Deal Google is running was too good to pass up.
Same here. Almost $500 on trade in for my P6P. What’s the development community and XDA is so good, I had it rooted and updated within an hour of receiving it.

Reactions: dishdude
Same here. Almost $500 on trade in for my P6P. What’s the development community and XDA is so good, I had it rooted and updated within an hour of receiving it.

They're offering me $410 for an old iPhone XR that sells for $120 on ebay, plus $150 off for Black Friday.

Reactions: HipKat