What is your definition of "A Sport"

TO ME... NASCAR, Formula 1, Bowling, Billiards, Darts, Hunting and Poker are NOT a sports. Though it DOES require SKILL, does not require athletic ability to perform well.

TO ME... NASCAR, Formula 1, Bowling, Billiards, Darts, Hunting and Poker are NOT a sports. Though it DOES require SKILL, does not require athletic ability to perform well.
So walking all day to stalk Deer, Antelope or other game (supplys are purchased in sporting goods ;)) is not a sport, nor is driving a race car for several hours in high temps, then your definition of sports is mighty narrow... ;) Makes me wonder if football as played by some teams is a sport. :D

So walking all day to stalk Deer, Antelope or other game (supplys are purchased in sporting goods ;)) is not a sport, nor is driving a race car for several hours in high temps, then your definition of sports is mighty narrow... ;) Makes me wonder if football as played by some teams is a sport. :D

Correct. You DID notice that I said at the beginning that it was MY OPINION. I have gone hunting with PLENTY of fat guys and it does not take much dedication for getting in shape to go hunting.

And by the way, I gone hunting in Wisconsin, Florida and Georgia.;)

And the Raiders, Dolphins, Cowboys etc... ;)

HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!

homer%2Bangry.jpg

My definition,someone trying to win,someone,something trying not to get beat.Has to have physical motion.I would consider fishing and hunting sports but,not competitive sports.

Let me correct my earlier opinion, any activity that requires body movement that is involved with competition (where a point system is involved).

Clearly you have never driven a NASCAR.

My definition,someone trying to win,someone,something trying not to get beat.Has to have physical motion.I would consider fishing and hunting sports but,not competitive sports.

Competition yes... Sport no. No need to be in prime physical shape for either.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Competition yes... Sport no. No need to be in prime physical shape for either.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I beg to differ on the physical shape. I would bet you wouldn't make 100 miles driving in one of those cars if you aren't in shape. They lift weights and exercise now. Years ago they were actually "stock" cars. There is nothing stock on those cars anymore and they take some strength to turn the wheel now.

Clearly you have never driven a NASCAR.

Yepp...

Ask Jimmy Johnson about running half marathons. People love to throw out Nascar due to ignorance of the current requirements of the sport.

Anything you need to know about "sports" you can learn here (Now realize its George Carlin before watching; NSFW):

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)