This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What is your favorite sport?

Which sport is your favorite?

• Baseball

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Basketball

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Football

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Hockey

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Boxing

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Golf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soccer

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
What is your favorite sport and why?

No need to look further than my avatar to see baseball is my favorite. I grew up playing it and my dad and grandfather both liked it and went to Reds games all the time.

Which is your favorite overall. Watch or play.

Lol @ Curling making your list over Soccer. I voted for football.

Growing up I enjoyed playing Baseball the most.

Now, I enjoy Golfing the most.

As for watching on TV, football is king.

Football with baseball a close second. I enjoy the excitment and skill of the sport. Kind of funny in my teen years it was basketball by far, but I have lost so much intrest in it. If I rated the four leagues (NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA) it is last. For me its become to much of a one player game.

If I had to rank the four sports, I am still totally in love with even my fourth choice. By far, however, my favorite sport is hockey. Nothing else comes close in excitement, fan involvement, tradition, speed, and intensity.

Sandra

football. best sport on the planet. played it and addicted to watching it

Why do I love baseball?

I grew up bread on the Dodgers, so it was ingrained in me since I could learn to talk. In the 3rd grade I would walk around thinking of nothing but Dodgers and girls (yes, in the 3rd grade I was attracted to girls).

Now I love the game for several reasons. First, there is no clock. Meaning any team can come back from any deficit at any time, until the 27th out is recorded (cannot happen in any other sport). Second, it goes from dead stillness to sudden burst at anytime, sometimes unpredictably. Third, it is the only sport in which the defense controls the ball, making most of the exiting plays the non scoring variety. Finally, it involves athleticism (ones that say otherwise know little about the sport), artistry, speed, accuracy, luck (more so than any other sport), and patience (no other sports utilizes all 6)

Well said.

I forgot about Golf. I will change curling to Golf. I did the curling as a joke of course.

When you grow up in the Boston area, Red Sox baseball is in your blood!!!

Cincinnati is the same way and more. Nobody does opening day bigger than Cincinnati, at least none I have heard of. Who else has a parade?

Hockey is the most exciting and fun sport of the bunch. Constant action, unlike football with its three seconds of action followed by 25 seconds of standing around, basketball with its 20 seconds of action followed by standing around for free throws, baseball with its less than one second for a pitch followed by the pitcher walking around the mound and adjusting his hat while the batter steps out of the box, taps his cleats and readjusts the velcro on his gloves three times.

Soccer also has constant action, but in 90 minutes there are so few shots on goal that they actually count the shots that miss the goal completely.

I have played all sports except boxing, but I played hockey from age 13 to 54 because it is the greatest sport to play and to watch. I would have played longer, but moved to an area without a rink. If I ever won the lottery, the first thing I would do (after talking to a tax accountant) would be to build an ice rink.

Golf requires some exertion in walking the course and skill in making the shots, but I consider it a game instead of a sport because there is no true player vs player or team vs team, i.e., there is no defense in golf. Each person plays his own game and then matches his score against the others.

All of the above IMHO, of course.

Last edited:

Now you went ahead and did it...

Sandra