What is your most and least favorite of all the diginets in your DMA.

Ice we are tied for the worst markets I have the about the same channels.
But you have antennatv. I would take that over metv any day.

But yeah your market is pretty shoddy. My Current spot is pretty bad. I don't even have a full slate of nets. No nbc in the area. Cbs and decades. PBS. ABC is in analog (but I can get a digital ABC most of the time. That gives me metv too. Fox,my and movies!
I'm technically the Minneapolis market but am 95 miles away so I have to rely on translators

Dan is in the Fort Wayne Indiana area last I remember
Only sub channels in his area are antennatv and bounce. But he does get 2 weather stations
Media and Nexstar owns his only two diginets, if i looked at it right the abc is being sold to quincy so that could be 3 and it seems WISE NBC 33 is under the same ownership as the ABC so cross fingers his two could go to 5. Just Saying

I still live in the fort wayne market area the owners of the tv stations in fort wayne don't want to expand. They have metion before they are at capacity for sub channels. The stations in south bend are better.

Wane tv has CBS, antenna tv, radar
Wpta has ABC, cw, radar
Wise has NBC, my tv
Wfwa has PBS, Kids, create, pbs for you
Wfft has FOX, bounce

Reactions: Mr Tony
The Quincy deal has been on hold for a while now at the fcc. The reason I know is because the Duluth nbc is part of it. Issue is granite (the current owner) runs the cbs here and the abc in dans area along with owning the nbc in both markets. The fcc is cracking down on an owner owning more than one of the big 4 in a market. If One was low powered (like nbc is in your area) there would be no issue.

I know Quincy has a backup plan in place. They'll buy the nbc in both and the owner of the other stations that they run would stay with the current owner (malara Broadcasts)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
My rankings, top to bottom... don't turn to Buzz nor Justice (car baiting gets old and some same shows as Escape-Tv) offen. Grit would be higher, but two hours of Walker in prime time is a bit too much. Larmine is good, but they don't seem to play them in order and they've replayed ones already shown.

ME-Tv
Movies
Get-Tv
Antenna-Tv
Grit-Tv
Laff-Tv
Escape-Tv
Justice-Tv
Buzz-Tv

Worst: 'DAZ weather subchannel, 8.3. Same lame graphics* as their website with the audio of WDAY radio. * Seems to be from last nights 6pm weather.
Best: MEtv on 11.3 (CBS is on 11.2) But KRDK is gaining. Official launch set for Labor Day.

Reactions: BM10K and Mr Tony
Worst: 'DAZ weather subchannel, 8.3. Same lame graphics* as their website with the audio of WDAY radio. * Seems to be from last nights 6pm weather.
Best: MEtv on 11.3 (CBS is on 11.2) But KRDK is gaining. Official launch set for Labor Day.
Alot of us would love a KRDK in our market. What they launching Labor Day if I may ask...

Alot of us would love a KRDK in our market.
on the downside there is no other stations to add subs too. When Gray bought NBC 11 they also bought the assets of KX4 (CBS 4) because the old owner was running it and the whole FCC issue. CBS4 was sold (and is now KRDK) but his other 2 stations in the market are full

WDAZ
ABC on -1
CW on -2
Wx on -3
Local thing on -4

KVLY
NBC on -1
CBS on -2
Me on -3

And the PBS mux

on the downside there is no other stations to add subs too. When Gray bought NBC 11 they also bought the assets of KX4 (CBS 4) because the old owner was running it and the whole FCC issue. CBS4 was sold (and is now KRDK) but his other 2 stations in the market are full

WDAZ
ABC on -1
CW on -2
Wx on -3
Local thing on -4

KVLY
NBC on -1
CBS on -2
Me on -3

And the PBS mux
Yeah I know there is no room to add. Maybe drop the local thing off the .4 of WDAZ and add Antenna.

Speaking of Buzzr, any station that is a charter member of fox since its inception of 1986 should have had buzzr launch automatically. This includes the Fox OTS and any other fox station that is owned by another media group that joined fox the same year like KADN.

Speaking of Buzzr, any station that is a charter member of fox since its inception of 1986 should have had buzzr launch automatically. This includes the Fox OTS and any other fox station that is owned by another media group that joined fox the same year like KADN.

BUZZZZZ! (r). WRONG ANSWER!
Please do some research before making blanket and incorrect statements. The only ones who were guaranteed Buzzr at launch were the Fox stations owned by Fox as of the day of the launch, NOT 1986. There have been plenty of changes since then ;) Using that theory Memphis and Boston would have Buzzzr and San Francisco wouldn't. But instead its flipped. Fox sold Boston and Memphis Fox to Cox to gain Fox (and an Independent) in San Francisco.

And even then that didnt happen. Minneapolis FOX (KMSP) is O&O (I assume you mean OTS but its O&O) and STILL doesnt have Buzzr. I've heard Sept 1 but that was a rumor. Bounce is right now on 9-4 (where it is suppose to be replaced with Buzzr)
Other markets that don't have it yet and should are Phoenix and Gainesville, FL

No 'local thing' on WDAZ, only on parent station WDAY TV. Rabbitears has it right
Too far away to be dependable. (~85 miles)
So I think they'd have 'room'.
And 'why is the WX in 720? Don't make sense for 'what it is".
it almost sounds like WDAZ is doing a combo weather/local thing (whereas DAY has them separate)

Yeah I know there is no room to add. Maybe drop the local thing off the .4 of WDAZ and add Antenna.
The thing goes back to the owner. Forum Communications. They are mainly a radio/newspaper company, WDAY & WDAZ are just afterthoughts honestly.
Its like when I lived in Duluth and the local FOX station (KQDS). They are owned by Red River Broadcasting out of Fargo. They own 3 stations (and a few satellite stations) and they dont put anything into them including subchannels. They'd rather spend the money gobbling up local radio stations in the area then stick any money into the TV portion.

BUZZZZZ! (r). WRONG ANSWER!
Please do some research before making blanket and incorrect statements. The only ones who were guaranteed Buzzr at launch were the Fox stations owned by Fox as of the day of the launch, NOT 1986. There have been plenty of changes since then ;) Using that theory Memphis and Boston would have Buzzzr and San Francisco wouldn't. But instead its flipped. Fox sold Boston and Memphis Fox to Cox to gain Fox (and an Independent) in San Francisco.

And even then that didnt happen. Minneapolis FOX (KMSP) is O&O (I assume you mean OTS but its O&O) and STILL doesnt have Buzzr. I've heard Sept 1 but that was a rumor. Bounce is right now on 9-4 (where it is suppose to be replaced with Buzzr)
Other markets that don't have it yet and should are Phoenix and Gainesville, FL
I am not putting down misinformation I was just making a point that they should or it would have been a great idea to have launched Buzzr on the Fox stations that were charter members to since Fox launched in 1986. Heck KADN been a fox affiliate longer than some of the big city markets that are FOXOTS. I'd like to have Buzzr along with the other ones but thats like wishing for a million dollars. Just wishful thinking. FOXOTS is FOX owned tv stations

I wanted so bad to start a post on best and worst media group. I'm already an eyesore on here so I said nah, but heck i go at it anyway

Best Media Group
Sinclair
Raycom
Tie between Quincy, Cox Media, Meredith.

3 Worst, easy Nexstar, Cordillera, tie between Media General and Hubbard....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)