What kind of issue with ebay purchase of H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcbag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Tennessee
What kind of issues can I expect if I purchase the H20 off of ebay? Is there going to be a problem getting it authorized by D?

Not to much!

If the unit is new you will have no problems. If it is used. You will have to call DTV and purchase a NEW D2 Card for the unit, even if the unit comes with the old card. DTV will not longer re-sub a used card. The card cost $20 for 2nd day FedEx shipping. You will have 10 days to active the card before it will go dead. If the unit is still subed by the current owner, you will have all kinds of trouble. DTV will not, and can not under their current computer system actovate a unit that is currently active under another account.

I just purchased a used unit, and had to go through the whole process. I had to email the seller and get him to de-activate the unit. I order a new card from DTV for $20. I am watching tv on it today.

I would suggest that you buy a new unit. You should have no problems.

Unit is new at buy it now price of $77. Just seems too good to be true. I would probably be better off to call Robert at Value & pay the $99, I think that includes an extended warranty of some type.

dcbag said:
Unit is new at buy it now price of $77. Just seems too good to be true. I would probably be better off to call Robert at Value & pay the $99, I think that includes an extended warranty of some type.
It comes with a 5 yr. extended warranty, which is better than one from E-bay with no warranty.

dervari said:
But you own the unit off eBay. You're leasing the unit if you pay the discounted price for it, I believe.

I would rather own & take a chance on the warranty than to lease. Does anyone know for sure one way or the other on the one at Value for $99?

dcbag said:
I would rather own & take a chance on the warranty than to lease. Does anyone know for sure one way or the other on the one at Value for $99?
I believe it would be under the lease program, which also may apply to one purchased off ebay. I would call Robert at Value and get the info from him.

wolfman said:
I believe it would be under the lease program, which also may apply to one purchased off ebay. I would call Robert at Value and get the info from him.

i 2nd that, and im all for getting deals on ebay, but i would trust robert anyday over an ebay paperweight (possablity). give him a call/email, mention the site, and he'll hook u up right, lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)