What kind of LNB is this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
I have an old DirectPC dish a friend of mine gave me, it still has the LNB from it. It has the following written on it. Hughes, FSS LNB SAT2, What kind of a LNB is this?

Thanks
Rick

Some of those units were manufactured as true single polarity lnb's, not lnbfs.. take a look down throat, if you see both "pins" it's an lnbf. Nice find!

what do you mean "pins"?

I have an old DirecPC dish and I was able to hook up and get KU Band on both polarities without issue

If you take the lnbf off the mount and look inside the end opposite the feedhorn you would see either one or two pins, if there are two they would be crossing each other. Sounds like you have the good flavor, I bought one on ebay one time and it was the single polarity version.

I will have to take a look, just looking at it while still attached provided no answers. I am hoping to use this dish for my wife for 121W, I am assuming that it is a standard type and required no 22K tone to be added? If so I will be removing the 18in DishNetwork, and replacing it with this one pointed at 121W, I currently have my FTA setup hooked in with a dual LNBF for her to receive international, and this will free up that dish for more FTA stuff.. Now I am excited.. Thanks

Rick

sharris said:
Hey iceberg.

Just wondering if thats a real picture of you. If it is you look like a "real nice guy!"

maybe ;)

And I am a real nice guy.....unless you come asking for hacking help, then I get angry :D

I will be working on it this weekend.. SHould know something by Sunday hopefully.. I will post my findings.

Hey, Hey, Hey.... Hooked it up this evening.. (Was very busy over the weekend) Start to finish approx. 30 Minutes, have 121W dialed in and the two german channels load and clear.. One last question? What kind of paint can I use to repaint the DirectPC Dish?

Thanks for the help on this one.
Rick

Prep work in most cases is 9/10 of the work. Also sand the whole face. Paint does not like to stick to real slick services. Clear coat from the auto store might make it last longer?

Anyone have experience with the details on painting a dish?

Rick in MD said:
Hey, Hey, Hey.... Hooked it up this evening.. (Was very busy over the weekend) Start to finish approx. 30 Minutes, have 121W dialed in and the two German channels load and clear.. One last question? What kind of paint can I use to repaint the DirectPC Dish?

Thanks for the help on this one.
Rick

Looking to paint it this weekend. The dish is an old plastic style DirectPC dish. Sanding it is a good idea, just can't be to aggressive.. I don't think it will like that.

Thanks for the idea.
Rick

Status
Please reply by conversation.