What kind of Switch to use on DisEqC motor and Univ. LNBF setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dish_in_the_sky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2006
I have an FTA system with a Universal LNBF and an SG2100 (Diseqc) motor.

I'm trying to switch between a circular (DSS, LO=11250 MHz) and a linear LNBF (Universal, LO=9750 low, 10600 MHz high) on the same dish, with 2 receivers.

One receiver is a Buzz S2010f FTA unit and the other is an E* 3900 receiver (lifetime) subscribed to Sky Angel. I'm trying to get NASA, GOL TV and the music channels on 110/119 W. L. (the circ. LNBF and Buzz S2010f will get those)

The BVuzz receiver will get the rest of the FTA channels with the Universal (linear) LNBF, and the E* 3900 will get the Sky Angel programming with the DSS (circ) LNBF.

Therefore a 22k and a diseqc switch are both out, as I understand it.

Use a 0/12V switch?

So do you have 2 dual LNB’s? I’m confused as to the setup

Why couldn’t you use a Diseqc switch? The DBS LNB should have 2 outputs so run one line to the 3900 receiver and the other to a Diseqc switch. Hook the Universal LNB to the other port of the diseqc switch and run to the Buzz receiver

Current setup

My setup right now has the E* 3900 receiver connected to the circ. DSS LNBF which hase ONE output. (the Buzz receiver is described below.)

The Buzz S2010f is connected to an SG2100 motor which in turn connects to a Tech SAT Tracker universal LNBF. I'm using DisEQc 1.2 to control the motor (sat positions stored in the motor.)

I'm looking to get the circ. LNBF connected to both receivers with a switch, and in future might want to connect the linear LNBF to both receivers with a switch to subscribe to Chinese programming on 121. However, the linear LNBF side of it can just stay connected to the Buzz receiver for the time being, as the 121 degree bird and Dish subscriptions are not a priority.

OK…so now we have some issues :D

The KU LNB (Techsat) is a Universal so you couldn’t use it with the Dish receiver. You would need a standard LNB for that. The Dish receiver can’t acknowledge the low & high band.

I would get a dual LNB for DBS to allow you to hook both receivers to it. Those LNB's are pretty cheap now a days

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts