What local news are on FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I am looking for some local news stations, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX on any of the FTA satellites. I had a few on 61.5 but I think they went bye bye so I would like to find anything. I don't have C Band yet but I think I am going to order one tomorrow. I only get one station over the air and its the local ABC channel.

A good over-the air antenna with an amplifier might bring in more local tv stations for you. I get usually-great reception on channels 65+miles away from me here, with a Channel Master 4228 antenna and cheap radio shack pre-amp.

89w are the ABC Channels... and I heard 72w NBC was up again can anyone confirm...

Hope this help a bit

Regards,

Mr.d

Last edited:
89w are the ABC Channels... and I heard 72w NBC was up again can anyone confirm...

Hope this help a bit

Regards,

Mr.d

I caught those ABC channels on the blind scan but I can't get any picture or sound or quality. I can get the Hearst feed and BYU on that bird with good consistency. Is there a special setting or signal for the abc channels on that one? would a sonicview 8000 read them?

I don't have the receiver in front of me but as far as modulation I am using the default setting which I believe is qpsk. It lists dvb-s2 but I heard that this receiver does not work for that. The satellite settings for the transponder are the ones I found on the sathint website or lyngsat.

rrob311 said:
I caught 4 of the NBC MUX ones on that bird but i wasn't able to get a picture or sound. Is it a special signal like dvb-s2? what are the proper settings?

They are feeds for reporters in the field so sometimes they are blank. Keep checking them :)

I hooked up my Openbox today and the ABC news now channel comes in fine on 89w. For some reason the sonicview 8000 will not give me a picture or sound for that channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)