What Music Channel Am I Hearing?

gdunn2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Arizona
Hello, Today I was scanning through the channels and happen to stop on one of the PPV sports billboards. I noticed that each channel that was displaying a dish network icon had the same music playing in the background. Some of the different placeholders like "you have a dish 500" have a different music track. This got me to thinking and I am wondering if the music is being supplied from one of the CD channels that Dish offers in their packages. The music being played is monophonic. I don't have a package that offers those CD channels or I would run a check to see if my theory is correct. So what music channel(s) am I hearing? Does this music line up with one or more of the CD channels? If so which channel? Thanks, Gary Dunn

I seriously doubt it is nothing more than canned (licensed) production music, with nothing to do with any channel. If the music never changes, rather just loops, it most certainly is not from a channel.

Last edited:
They very well could just using one of their 50+ Muzak channels for that music. (probably one of 19 mono "audio" channels in the AT250 pkg)
DirecTV does exactly the same thing on it's "barker" channels, & uses their Sonic Tap feeds for that music.
Unfortunately, I don't have ANY of the DISH music channels, so I couldn't tell you which one it is...

970 CD21 "Plaza"

Thanks Ray. I figured they may be using those channels to supply the audio. Could you tell me the others? There seems to be three channels in use. One for the sports barker, one for the satellite slates for 118.7 etc. Sometimes the Free Preview channel runs a different audio selection. I gather Plaza is being used for the sports channels?

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA

The channel used varies. In any event, it is relatively unpredictable and playlists aren't available so I wouldn't spark an ulcer trying to figure it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)