What new series do YOU think RTV will add to their lineup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
RTV has announced on their Facebook site that there will be a new series coming to their lineup in four weeks. To quote RTV from their facebook site
"Yes, we will be bringing some new programming to RTV in four weeks and we will make sure to update you on the new series here on our facebook page and website".
So what series do you think they will add? There is a lot of good programming on their compeditors channels, and a lot of shows still not widely broadcast. There is a lot we all would like to see, but in reality, what do you think they will actually get?

My guess..... (and just a guess) The George Reeves Superman series.
Whats your guess? (please post only one show)

Last edited:
If RTV is smart they will be adding programs that haven't aired in a long time like "Please don't Eat the Daisies", "Doris Day Show", "Here's Lucy", "The Ghost and Mrs Muir", "F-Troop", "Fish", "What's Happening", "Eight is Enough", "Grizzly Adams", "BJ and the Bear", "Baretta", "Gentle Ben", "Flipper", "Mama's Family", "Carol Burnett Show", "Apple's Way", etc.

Many programs airing on other retro channels such as "Brady Bunch", "Happy Days", "Cheers", "Honeymooners", etc have aired for so long and widely available on DVD that we have seen each episode a hundred times.

Last edited:
The Brady bunch, Gillian's island, bewitched, Beverly hillbillies the Flintstones. Are all shows I would like to see back.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The Beverly hillbillies are on ME-TV M_F. Antenna TV has Drafnet (the 60s version) and Leave it to beaver. Mr. Ed at least was on This TV daily although I have not checked lately.

Tuff Tv has been airing "NWA On Fire" classic wrestling on Saturday at 11:00 PM. Last week they had a great match between Kerry Von Erich and "The Punisher" (aka the undertaker). a
They'll add some old classic wrestling :p

If RTV is smart they will be adding programs that haven't aired in a long time............. Many programs airing on other retro channels such as "Brady Bunch", "Happy Days", "Cheers", "Honeymooners", etc have aired for so long and widely available on DVD that we have seen each episode a hundred times.
Exactly my thoughts and hopes.

If RTV is smart they will be adding programs that haven't aired in a long time like "Please don't Eat the Daisies", "Doris Day Show", "Here's Lucy", "The Ghost and Mrs Muir", "F-Troop", "Fish", "What's Happening", "Eight is Enough", "Grizzly Adams", "BJ and the Bear", "Baretta", "Gentle Ben", "Flipper", "Mama's Family", "Carol Burnett Show", "Apple's Way", etc.

Many programs airing on other retro channels such as "Brady Bunch", "Happy Days", "Cheers", "Honeymooners", etc have aired for so long and widely available on DVD that we have seen each episode a hundred times.

What you say makes a lot of sense, hopefully Luken and RTV will make the smart move.

I´d like to see Barnaby Jones, I don´t recall it being aired on TV Land, ME TV, or Antenna, but I may be wrong.

If RTV does not make huge changes, but only tweaks it's current lineup, then I can see them adding Gentle Ben to the schedule. It was played some time ago (don't know if it was played on RTN/RTV or not) and could be played on their other channels as well. Time will tell.

If RTV does not make huge changes, but only tweaks it's current lineup, then I can see them adding Gentle Ben to the schedule. It was played some time ago (don't know if it was played on RTN/RTV or not) and could be played on their other channels as well. Time will tell.

They could certainly play it also on PBJ, Family,

I´d say they´d get some more programming from Peter Rodgers, and Sony Pictures Television like Dennis the Menace, too bad other shows from them like Police Story and Starsky & Hutch were not on for a reasonable time.

I´d say they´d get some more programming from Peter Rodgers, and Sony Pictures Television like Dennis the Menace, too bad other shows from them like Police Story and Starsky & Hutch were not on for a reasonable time.

Dennis the Menace is currently airing on AntennaTV. Even though Police Story and Starsky & Hutch were not on very long, they were repeated many times. I'm thankfull for the DVR's as many shows I have recorded are no longer aired. A large hard drive is cheap story for the old shows. Since the DVR's record the bitstream with no re-encoding, the piture quality is the same as when it was broadcast, sometimes its not always very good but at least it's not degraded any more.

Heres a few i would love to see back that i havent seen in a while.Man from UNCLE,time tunnel,;land of the giants,space 1999 and how about the old thunderbird series for a sat mourning.

time tunnel, and "It's About Time" from the same era.

So much good classic TV shows, so few on the air.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)