What not to do with your iphone

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
This is what happens when you take your iphone out of its otterbox and forget that it is sitting on the bumper of your truck

Hint: The Truck wins! :(

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 214
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 216
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 208
Yep, looks fixable but still, ouch. Lol

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Tapatalk 2

I already checked, its not fixable. This wasn't just a fall. Drove over it, a small rock or something pressed in right where the apple logo is on the back, it broke the motherboard or something inside. It has a nice curve to it now and if not for the metal band it almost folds over. There is a bull bar on the front of the truck and sat the phone there to pick some stuff up at our carwash. With the otterbox on, it doesn't move when I have sat it there before and likely would have stayed put even while driving. I took the otterbox off to give to my nephew as I was getting a new phone, which I definitely need now. I bought my sisters iphone 4 last month to have as a backup, because I was afraid I would break this one while inspecting highway damages. I'll use it till my Nexus gets here.

Bring it to Apple and see what they say...

Then say if it can't be fixed I am going to have to get an Android phone... and see what they offer you. :D

Dang just bad timing. At least you have a good back up and are getting a new one soon.
Let me know when you get the nexus if you need any tips or advice. May not have any lol but I'll try
sent from my galaxy nexus using tapatalk

That sucks. Get a used phone if it can't be fixed so you can get the newer phones later.

on a positive note nice truck osu.

Thanks Rey, sorry it isn't white. LOL :devil:

You know you can't live in Oklahoma without a jacked up redneck truck :D

This one is going away, and already been spoken for. It's depreciated out. I have another regular cab F150 to use when I actually need a truck. I'm thinking about going with an SUV or car for the company vehicle.

That sucks. Get a used phone if it can't be fixed so you can get the newer phones later.

Already had an iphone 4 for backup and emergencies. I have dropped phones along the highway, several times while looking at damaged guardrail and been afraid of them breaking, just didn't expect to break one this way. I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus on its way. I don't have a preference anymore. iOS and Android both do everything I need them to on a phone. A nice display and balanced weight is about my only requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)