What now? No OTA...

FTLOSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
When voom went black my OTA hd worked for a while, haven't had it on in a week or so turned it on and today i get nothing, all ota's show as black no signal.

Is that happening to everyone or did voom somehow disable that ota stuff, also what do we do with these boxes and such I never got a reply from voom via email on it and have never heard anything via mail either as to what to do with the box and such.

If i could get it to work for ota's id just keep it here hooked up but now that otas arent working (if i cant get them working again) im gonna just stick it in the closet to make room for something else, just figured i would ask first before unplugging it all if there was anyway to get at least the otas to work again...

Bill

Still working OK here, so it's not global. Are you sure its the box? Maybe an antenna connection got screwed up somehow? Try rebooting and rescanning.

Bob

Gonna try that right now actually, funny thing is today i got a partial bill from voom for like $16 from the 22-30th of april i think it was, said pay by June 13th (got it today June 15th), will still pay it thou i guess.

reboot and rescan things are working (was scared to do that before, but at this point had nothing to lose), but it worked!

Now guess I gotta pay that last $16 to voom...

I miss voom :(

Be very careful to have your VOOM receiver plugged into a decent surge supressor. A power line surge or spike could corrupt the software load in the unit. No way to re-load it because it had to be done over the VOOM satellite. Also you never must never do a factory reset! It takes a special code, so not too likely unless you were to find the code on some forum. Factory reset uninitializes the box. It would be quite useless if either of the above were to happen.

Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)