What one subchannel do you wish they would add to your market??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
From keepmytv.org
For those who already subscribe to a pay-TV service, these changes could allow cable companies to move your local channels into a more expensive package, costing you more.
I don't think the cable or satellite 'pay services' are regulated in any way as to what they can charge for whatever. They already 'charge for local channels. Local channels, basic, or premium. So is this an effort to get it, the 'price' of locals via a pay service regulated?? There's no 'real' info on the site. And absolutely no credible info.

Are they 'referencing' this - http://www.nab.org/advocacy/issue.asp?id=3441&issueID=3441 without reference?

If they want free TV all that's needed, in most situations, is install a proper antenna. BUT -
with the switch to digital your local OTA stations going scrambled is only a few key clicks away. Most every commercial digital ATSC modulator has that capability built in.
I see it happening, being the local stations 'histories' of demanding more $ every few yrs from the 'pay providers'. If that ever 'dries up' and advertising rates don't 'keep up' their only recourse will be 'holding you hostage' directly or going OFF AIR.

Last edited:
me2? Never heard of that one...
there are 2 versions that get thrown around here and neither will happen

There is a local Chicago station called MeToo. Owned by same folks who own MeTv (Weigel).
on big dish there is a feed called "Me2" which is for affiliates who have to substitute programming that local affiliates have the rights to. So MeTV sends a feed (partial) to affiliates to show other programming (just more reruns of the same shows)

ION-HD (16x9, at 480i or better). From what others are saying Living Well is out of business at the end of the year. I think ABC owns Living Well, however it's a subbed off our NBC main...so the rumor/guess is that they'll put CoziTv on it.

In the Carloinas line-up (southern NC, northern SC), we are getting ESCAPE (8/18/2014) and GRIT soon (16x9, 480i).

We have:
CBS 3 subbed: Bounce(4:3), GRIT-TV (16x9, 480i - soon),
CW 18 subbed: MeTv, AntennaTv(4:3), QVC (16x9, 480i),
NBC 36 subbed: Living Well (16x9, 480i),
FOX 46 subbed: Movies! (16x9, 480i),
MyNetwork 55 subbed: ThisTv (4x3),
Independent 64 subbed: ESCAPEtv (16x9, 480i - 8/18), GetTv (4x3, 480i, but letterboxed on 16x9 movies - can use zoom features to get full screen)

ION-HD (16x9, at 480i or better). From what others are saying Living Well is out of business at the end of the year. I think ABC owns Living Well, however it's a subbed off our NBC main
the only ABC's that for sure have LWN are the O&O stations....after that its up to the owner

...so the rumor/guess is that they'll put CoziTv on it.
not necessarily. Gannett owns it and they like Weather Nation (in Minneapolis and Denver as example they have it on NBC there too...another Gannett station)

Would just be glad to see NBC and FOX to become available. We have ABC, PBS, Create, MeTV and This, so all in all, not bad. Shouldn't complain, when I got married we had one channel, if you liked what was on you left it on, otherwise you shut it off.

Would just be glad to see NBC and FOX to become available. We have ABC, PBS, Create, MeTV and This, so all in all, not bad. Shouldn't complain, when I got married we had one channel, if you liked what was on you left it on, otherwise you shut it off.
where ya located?

The only place I can think off of the top of my head is Scottsbluff, NE area (they dont have NBC nor FOX)

Gillette, WY, We are fortunate to even have what we have. KOTA in Rapid City services here with repeaters and KTWO in Casper does the same. KTWO is ABC and they also have the CBS channel in Casper. It also looks like they have the FOX channel. Could be that the good folks at FOX think everyone lives in a metropolitan area and are in flatland country, so they won't allow the rebroadcasting via a repeater. So, in essence we have two ABC channels, one CBS channel, one PBS, one Create, and thanks to KOTA we have MeTV and This. But, like I said above, shouldn't complain, it is way more than what we had when I got married about 40 years ago.

So, you were close by my part of the world standards.

Gillette? Hmm. What kind of antenna are you using? I ask because I'm guessing you're currently receiving:

K09YI-D (ABC/Me/This Sheridan)
K16AE-D (CBS Casper)
K30MX-D (ABC Casper)
K43KW-D (PBS/Create Riverton)

If you put up a large low-VHF antenna, I wonder if you wouldn't get Fox via KIVV-5 in Lead, SD, depending on your exact location. And for NBC, you could always put up an FTA satellite dish aimed at 103W for the network programming plus COZI. :)

- Trip

Probably on the wrong side of the hill, to get FOX. I have both C and Ku band going and really not missing anything. But, not everyone is willing to set up satellite for FTA. I really wonder just how many people are aware that you can still get OTA programming, and quit paying the cable company or satellite provider?

LocusPoint Networks has agreed to purchase WLEP-LD in Erie, Pennsylvania from Hapa Media Properties for $2,500,000. The broker for this transaction was Greg Guy. Looks like another low power station will bite the dust soon. Spectrum fodder for the auction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts