What package does EPIX1 and 2 come in?

So dish does not follow the "platinum" is for HD only channels game? If there is indeed Epix SD feeds. This would not technically be an HD feed only channel?

So dish does not follow the "platinum" is for HD only channels game? If there is indeed Epix SD feeds. This would not technically be an HD feed only channel?
You're assuming that the SD versions will remain after the freeview. I suspect that they will not and are presented as a teaser to entice customers into making the jump to HD and, to some extent, the Platinum package.

You're assuming that the SD versions will remain after the freeview. I suspect that they will not and are presented as a teaser to entice customers into making the jump to HD and, to some extent, the Platinum package.

Correct, when preview is gone, so will the SD.

But I do not have the HD package?

Huh? As been said MANY times in the last couple of pages, there is a free preview this weekend, both SD and HD. When the preview ends, so will the SD. Don't know how to make it any plainer.

Ok, so it is a free preview...2 questions:

why are these 3 channels NOT listed in the HD packages offered by dish(I have been on the site and I cannot find these 3 channels anywhere)
also why would Retro even be HD, are the movies playing capable of being remade in HD, considering most of them are over 20+ years old. just curious. thank u!:)

why are these 3 channels NOT listed in the HD packages offered by dish(I have been on the site and I cannot find these 3 channels anywhere)
also why would Retro even be HD, are the movies playing capable of being remade in HD, considering most of them are over 20+ years old. just curious. thank u!:)

Look at the bottom of this page:
HDTV - HD Channels & 1080P HDTV Most High Definition From DISH

Older movies can definitely be in HD using the original source material. The reason the quality looked degraded before is because they were being saved onto crappier mediums like VHS and they were adjusted to fit onto old 4:3 TV sets.

First question, already answered:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-package-does-epix1-2-come-2.html#post2253067

Second, yes, 35mm films are capable of being transferred to HD as long as the film elements have been cared for. However, not all the films shown are HD.

Look at the bottom of this page:
HDTV - HD Channels & 1080P HDTV Most High Definition From DISH

Older movies can definitely be in HD using the original source material. The reason the quality looked degraded before is because they were being saved onto crappier mediums like VHS and they were adjusted to fit onto old 4:3 TV sets.

Well, they were never saved on to VHS for broadcast, but many were second and third generation release prints transfered originally to two inch or 1 inch video tape, then copied the H out of.

Well, they were never saved on to VHS for broadcast, but many were second and third generation release prints transfered originally to two inch or 1 inch video tape, then copied the H out of.

Indeed they weren't used for broadcast. But a lot of people have old movies on VHS tapes and DVDs, and they might be under the impression that was the highest quality those films were available in.

Indeed they weren't used for broadcast. But a lot of people have old movies on VHS tapes and DVDs, and they might be under the impression that was the highest quality those films were available in.
Then they are really, really, incredibly stupid!!

Last edited:
I hate to sound like I'm hijacking a thread, but I have a 110/119 w/ 61.5 wing dish in Delaware... In a chat tonight w/ a Dish rep, they said I'd need to pay $95 for a service call to get a tech to change my dish to be able to pick up 77/72.7...

I've done all of my own installation and upgrades since I became a customer with Dish (and with a lot of help from peeps here and Dish Store!)... Is all that needs to be done just a matter of pointing the existing Dish 500 dish to 77/72.7??? I saw somebody else in here ealier say something about switching to EA... What is that??

Also, will I lose out on anything switching from 110/119 to 77/72.7?

TIA
Sick

[EDIT]
And just in case it makes a difference, I've got:
- Dish500 with Dishpro Dual LNBF (61.5)
- Dish500 with Dishpro Plus Twin LNBF (110/119)
- ViP622
- PVR508
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
I hate to sound like I'm hijacking a thread, but I have a 110/119 w/ 61.5 wing dish in Delaware... In a chat tonight w/ a Dish rep, they said I'd need to pay $95 for a service call to get a tech to change my dish to be able to pick up 77/72.7...
There are a number of existing threads on this subject. No need to hijack a movie channel thread.

Use the search feature to search for "Eastern Arc".

The answer to your repoint question is no.

Then they are really, really, incredibly stupid!!

As a person that deals with people everyday at work I would have to agree with this statement. I believe the majority of people are complete idiots when it comes to this stuff. It's not so much that they don't know it, it's the fact that they are so unwilling to try and figure anything out on their own. People are getting a little too spoiled with their lifestyles.

There are a number of existing threads on this subject. No need to hijack a movie channel thread.

Use the search feature to search for "Eastern Arc".

The answer to your repoint question is no.

Thanks for so politely and eloquently pointing me in the right direction. My question WAS related to the movie channels in question! Epix 1/2, IndiePlex, & RetroPlex.

[RANT]Just FYI - I searched for quite some time using the only terms I knew at the time - 110/119, 77/72.7, Epix, IndiePlex, RetroPlex, etc. and this thread was the closest one describing my situation. [SARCASM]You'd be surprised at how many hits the search for "EA" turned up....[/SARCASM][/RANT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts